Aftermarket GPS for ZRE

Yeah Barra, still happy. Hasnt crapped itself yet! :D Occasional freak out with the auto dimming on the screen, but overall, for the price still a great little unit.

Easy to update with plenty of free (ah-hem) maps about the place, customizable interfaces around the place too.

yo pete how's the dvd on it ? Has you tried playing anything on it ? Does it also read avi file ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive played plenty of movies, all seem to work. I think .MKV might be the only format it has a hard time with, but almost all other formats are fine (if not just convert any problematic formats). Just chuck em on the SD card, USB stick or disc and away you go.

Screen res is 800X480 so good enough for a screen of that size.

Ive played plenty of movies, all seem to work. I think .MKV might be the only format it has a hard time with, but almost all other formats are fine (if not just convert any problematic formats). Just chuck em on the SD card, USB stick or disc and away you go.

Screen res is 800X480 so good enough for a screen of that size.

ahhh sweet then pete will pm u later tonight laugh.gif

• 4 months later...

• 8 months later...

For those who have this unit, can you please answer a few questions that i have.

1. What is the sound quality like with this unit with aftermarket speakers/sub/amp.

2. Does this unit have a good equalizer system to tweak around?

3. How good is the ipod connection? I need dual control so i can choose my music either through the ipod or through the headunit.

MC has the same unit which we installed.

Easy to install, plug and play install.

The EQ is basic, but remember, tune your amp, not the deck! ~ this theory applies across the board, regardless of quality / cost / features of your head deck.

You have to remember, you want the amp to get a fairly neutral sound. Reason: if you EQ the sound coming out of the deck and there is a hiss / hum / odd noise, you'll amplify it. Most good amps have some form of bass / treble control, so i would stick with that.

Also, your amp and head deck should be set for the same crossover frequency.

Of course, this is all useless if your going to use a DSP (Digital Signal Processor), but personally, these are not worth it.....unless you want comp grade sound.

/end my 2 cents

I will probably have to give this unit a miss. I just watched some reviews on youtube to help make up my mind

The factory look is awesome, but it provides me with less features than my current headunit.

When i had the single din headunit i would tweak everything through the amp. But with the pioneer GPS headunit, i have the option of setting the HPF, LPF and alot more through the headunit. So the only thing i tweak on the amp is the gain while keeping everything else off, i found that this was a little easier to do and the sound quality was much better.

Thanks for the help guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all I want to but multimedia system to my auris , my model is luxury and the dash is grey just like in the pictures above,(the aftermarket unit without falling screen)

i have searched ebay and some look black and others looks dark grey but it does not look same as my dash.

can someone tell me how can i tell that what i am buying will fit perfectly to my dash color?

what about the qualitiy of this device did anyone had good experience with this unit?

about the second unit it looks perfectly smilar to the dash color where can i buy it? which one do you recommend?

Edited by poratnir

There is literally only one unit on the market that will fit the Auris, and the manufacturer of this unit is Qualir.

Would you be able to provide the link for the $280 unit, thanks.

Make sure you are not purchasing the unit for the Corolla Sedan, it will not fit.

Very expensive i found the same unit in 280 USD,

why this site?

what about the qualitiy of it?

I'll be also very interested if the unit only cost $280USD.

Have a feeling it would be the once for the sedan though at that price.

http://www.alibaba.c...yota-auris.html

here ther are several sellers .

http://www.cargpsnet.com/toyota-auris-gps-navigation-dvd-player-toyota-auris-head-unit-with-tv-radio-p-69.html

here the same product for 303usd

but anyone can tell if those units have normal qualitiy , maybe someone that is using it for long time?

Edited by poratnir

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any tips for getting the dual zone to work while in navigation? I followed dutchies steps a few pages back but nothing happens.

I have all my speakers connected via RCA, does that change anything?

Once, you have selected the two zone, you have to also select the correct source of the audio that you want to listen to.

Edit: above is exactly what Dutchie said, so i guess i am of no help.

Edited by u54mot

Yeah, when I select an audio source after selecting dual zone, nothing happens. At first I thought it could be an iPod issue, but it doesnt work with the radio either.

If I plug in my front speakers to the 2 zone outputs and leave the 2 zone option off, music plays fine. When I turn dual zone on, the sound will start going crazy like old analog tvs that can't pick up a signal.

Maybe it's got something to do with having all my speakers run off an amp.

If anyone is interested, this unit will most likely be up for sale.

Peter,

Follow the same steps as before, and press the GPS button on the screen on the bottom left, it will toggle from orange to blue to orange... make sure it is on blue.

Thanks guys!

I had to change the settings itself in the audio setup menu then it was fine afterwards.

However this is a downgrade from my current headunit so i'll be selling this and looking for a sound quality headunit to get the most out of my sound system.

This is a great all in one headunit, however it lacks the features which are most important to me.

If anyone is interested in this, send me a pm. I will also help you install it if you are in melbourne.