1969 Crown

Rob_NZ

Have just found myself a nice 69 Crown MS 55-D. It has an old straight six in it. Am either thinking of rebuilding this and installing a supercharger or going for a V8. I like the idea of a V8 but dont have much time to play around with it. Does anyone know if there is a V8 out there thats gonna fit onto the original gearbox without having to rearrange many things.

Also if anyone has any old crown parts please let me know, am keen.

I would love to pickup a good condition MS55. So far all I have of one is a mint set of hubcaps.

You may have more luck over at www.rollaclub.com as I know there is a few guys over there with MS55's and also there is a lot of old school Toyota knowledge over there.

I would like to see pics of your car if you get a chance to put any up.

Edited by Chobis

I would love to pickup a good condition MS55. So far all I have of one is a mint set of hubcaps.

You may have more luck over at www.rollaclub.com as I know there is a few guys over there with MS55's and also there is a lot of old school Toyota knowledge over there.

I would like to see pics of your car if you get a chance to put any up.

Cheers mate, yeah ill get some more pics up shortly, gonna take it in to the panelbeaters. Couple of little dents to take care of. Gonna re spray it and put some nice wheels on it. Cant wait. Will be a good cruiser for the summer.

Toymods would be a much better place, they have a big Crown following there. Rollaclub, as the name suggests, is primarily a Corolla-based forum, and whilst some members would have experience with Crowns, it wouldn't be the first place I'd look.

Toymods would be a much better place, they have a big Crown following there. Rollaclub, as the name suggests, is primarily a Corolla-based forum, and whilst some members would have experience with Crowns, it wouldn't be the first place I'd look.

Yeh good call. I'm not a member of Toymods so I don't know.

• 1 month later...

Toymods is the place to go the dedicated Crown thread has lots of info in it.

What sort of V8 did you want the old Toyota 3,4 and 5V's are getting really old in the tooth, and really rare and not sure if it would bolt to the standard box.

The Lexus 1UZFE as well as having the Hastle of EFI (ECU's and fuel systems) doesn't really fit without massive mods into a 50 series chassis however most other series of crowns it almost bolts into.

So that leaves you with Ford or Holden 8's would be all custom mounts and bell housings, or box to suit engine with custom gear box mount. There has been a few over the years for sale with other marques 8's in them