Hey all,

I recently scored a 1976 Ke30 corolla. As i'm not the most mechanicly minded person i thought i would seek some advice. I plan on replacing the engine and also the tran from (shudder) Auto to Manuel. A mate of mine suggested a 3sge or a 2zz. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by TZVUnforgivenRolla

Hey all,

I recently scored a 1976 Ke30 corolla. As i'm not the most mechanicly minded person i thought i would seek some advice. I plan on replacing the engine and also the tran from (shudder) Auto to Manuel. A mate of mine suggested a 3sge or a vq25dd(yes im aware its a line engine). Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The 3SGE isn't an easy conversion into RWD at the best of times, unless it's an Altezza BEAMS GenIV. And the VQ25 is a V6 engine, not an in-line.

Best bet would be to head over to Rollaclub, they'll probably try and sway you off the 3S or the VQ though as neither are the best conversions for a novice - better bet is to get to learn the car as it is now, service it, pull it apart, do a manual conversion but keep the 3K, and then look at maybe upgrading to something a little more powerful.

Hey all,

I recently scored a 1976 Ke30 corolla. As i'm not the most mechanicly minded person i thought i would seek some advice. I plan on replacing the engine and also the tran from (shudder) Auto to Manuel. A mate of mine suggested a 3sge or a 2zz Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The 3SGE isn't an easy conversion into RWD at the best of times, unless it's an Altezza BEAMS GenIV. And the VQ25 is a V6 engine, not an in-line.

Best bet would be to head over to Rollaclub, they'll probably try and sway you off the 3S or the VQ though as neither are the best conversions for a novice - better bet is to get to learn the car as it is now, service it, pull it apart, do a manual conversion but keep the 3K, and then look at maybe upgrading to something a little more powerful.

Hey Hiro

I have been offered a half cut altezza with a beams for $5000. But ill hit up the rolla's anyway cheers.

P.s I actually ment that i knew the vq25dd was from a skyline. i was considering a 6 in the k as its been done before.

Hey all,

I recently scored a 1976 Ke30 corolla. As i'm not the most mechanicly minded person i thought i would seek some advice. I plan on replacing the engine and also the tran from (shudder) Auto to Manuel. A mate of mine suggested a 3sge or a vq25dd(yes im aware its a line engine). Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Hiro

I have been offered a half cut altezza with a beams for $5000. But ill hit up the rolla's anyway cheers.

P.s I actually ment that i knew the vq25dd was from a skyline. i was considering a 6 in the k as its been done before.

If it's a an Altezza BEAMS then most of the hard work is now irrelevant - you'll only really be left with modifying engine mounts/crossmembers, driveshaft, and wiring.

Hey all,

Thanks

Hey Hiro

If it's a an Altezza BEAMS then most of the hard work is now irrelevant - you'll only really be left with modifying engine mounts/crossmembers, driveshaft, and wiring.

Hiro,

sorry to bother you again but what would you recommend for suspension and brakes. the car as a whole is pretty imaculate and as i picked it up for $1800 i have a bit of money to spend on it. and ive gone to a 2zz instead.