Double Din JVC Compatibility?

Dixon

Hey guys, first time poster :)

I currently have an 03 Corolla Sportivo with stock head unit still installed. I want to upgrade to a double din unit with usb/mp3 etc. Max would be 400 dollars but i found the JVC KW-XR416 for $250 and its got all i need :)

--> http://www.jvc-australia.com/JVC/client/c_products_details.jsp?catID=27&prodID=599

so my question is would this unit be compatible with the corolla as in "plug and play" or would i need to customize the cables in order for it to work?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

Dixon

most after market HU you have to customise the harness unless you can buy a harness that is already made up..sometimes this is available at and audio store.

really? why hasn't the HU cavity dimensions been standardized for all HU's to fit into?

Because Toyota are smart and have used the extra space to make it more appealing to keep the standard unit installed.

I had a JVC double din unit in my sportivo and it looked great.

Where are you located? if your in Melbourne buy me beer and ill whack the unit in for you.

Because Toyota are smart and have used the extra space to make it more appealing to keep the standard unit installed.

Where are you located? if your in Melbourne buy me beer and ill whack the unit in for you.

ill buy u a beer and u chuck yours in my sportivo and i drive away! FAIR DEAL??? :D :D :D

turns out i need to spend sixty bux on top of the head unit for it to properly fit. this includes a toyota cable kit + jvc plug kit which fits into the toyota kit :/ (stupid i think haha) and a new faceplate or somehthing. and im in qld hervey bay mate lol thats a fair drive :)

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys i need sum help on the same issue. i already hav a jvc double din fitted in my 07 run x/ corolla hatch. the thing is, the unit says that you can retain the use of the steering mount audio controls with an adaptor but i cant seem to get 1 which would work in my vehicle. they do have adaptors for other vehicles though. any suggestions...