Service Nightmare - are they right

Hi Folks

Need advice - sounds petty bit really annoying

My 2009 Corolla wouldnt start last week - only done 10,000k

Bump started by road assist and took to dealer

Dealer cant find cause

But did find cause of squealing - which was loose alternator belt - but charged me to fix this

Isnt this under the warranty?

Also dealer sampled petrol from engine compartment and spilled it - so now have smell of petrol in car

Crap service from dealer in Pennant Hills

Thanks

Loose alternator belt could be the cause of the battery dying.

With the belt slipping, the alternator might not be charging the battery effectively.

Did they change the belt or simply tightened it? I'm surprised they charged you at all especially with the car under 10K km.

These things shouldn't really come loose and they should be checking that in the first service anyway.

I would've kicked up a stink.

When a tree branch cracked one of my wipers on the Aurion, Castlehill Toyota simply replaced under warranty without even blinking an eye. :-p

Had the same issue with Grnad Toyota in Wangara ( Perth ). Had a new Hilux purchased through them by myself and was only 6 months old. Engine light came on so i got it to the dealer only to have them tell me it will not be looked at until the next day. Great service not! Anyway get a call to come down that arvo to pick it up......no problem found and the dealer tried to explain to me it was dirty fuel.....ha i work in the fuel industry, only the best fuel for me.........anyway, they charged me the labour for attaching the pc to the car just to clear the engine light.......75 bucks later. Had an argument but never got any where. Took it further and to this day i have Grand Toyota chasing me for their business only for me to tell them to p**s off, my business has gone elsewhere.....All this after buying three new cars with them....

Grand Toyota, great sales, crappy after sales care......once the cash is handed over, they don't give a stuff!

Spoke to Toyota today

Dealer makes the decision whether its warranty or not - no further discussion

Some dealers seem to value customers and charge Toyota under warranty - others charge customer

The owners book /Service manual should say what is covered and what is not under warranty..

Real shame they charged you , the car has only done 10k and bought from them too .. rolleyes.gif ..

I would still send toyota customer care an email showing concern ..Makes you wanna punch someone when something like this happens but i'm not encouraging anyone to do so..

This is really disgusting behaviour from the dealership to say the least.

If you havent modified ur car esp the engine.. then it should be covered under the cars warranty. 10k 09' new car, sif get charged for anything.. some dealerships are great.. where some fall short of just money ripping sharks