2000 ZR celica, noob to sound system.

MrCelica

Just asking as im about to buy a ZR celica and have plans to re - do the system.

first things first - When i replace the factory deck, what do i do about the deck space that will be left? If you know celica's they have rather large factory stereos and after market ones are much slimmer. If i have to do some in filling, roughly how much will this cost & is it necessary to avoid things looking ugly?

Also, the deck i am buying (pioneer) comes with bonus speakers, i wasn't originally planning on replacing the stock speakers but they are pioneer 180 watts 6 inch ones. Am i better off putting these in the front or rear? & will 6 inch fit in a 2000 model celica?

All my equipment will be pioneer in order for it to match. So will a four channel amplifier with a 12 inch 1000 watt subwoofer work? Do i need a different amp with less or more channels?

Is this an ideal system upgrade? (im on a budget)

SO, we have -

*Pioneer 200 watt CD tuner

*Pioneer 2 way 6 inch speakers - 180 watt

*Pioneer 600 watt 4 channel amp

*Pioneer 12 inch 1000 watt sub

All gonna cost me roughly 600 not including installation. If im going down the wrong path completely then please design a budget system for me! Cheers

PS: I will be paying for professional installation

Just asking as im about to buy a ZR celica and have plans to re - do the system.

first things first - When i replace the factory deck, what do i do about the deck space that will be left? If you know celica's they have rather large factory stereos and after market ones are much slimmer. If i have to do some in filling, roughly how much will this cost & is it necessary to avoid things looking ugly?

Also, the deck i am buying (pioneer) comes with bonus speakers, i wasn't originally planning on replacing the stock speakers but they are pioneer 180 watts 6 inch ones. Am i better off putting these in the front or rear? & will 6 inch fit in a 2000 model celica?

All my equipment will be pioneer in order for it to match. So will a four channel amplifier with a 12 inch 1000 watt subwoofer work? Do i need a different amp with less or more channels?

Is this an ideal system upgrade? (im on a budget)

SO, we have -

*Pioneer 200 watt CD tuner

*Pioneer 2 way 6 inch speakers - 180 watt

*Pioneer 600 watt 4 channel amp

*Pioneer 12 inch 1000 watt sub

All gonna cost me roughly 600 not including installation. If im going down the wrong path completely then please design a budget system for me! Cheers

PS: I will be paying for professional installation

The space around the factory headunit is an easy fix. If you go to the nearest Autobarn etc, Aerpro makes a cradle specifically for the 7th Gen Celica and Echo (weird but yeah same layout).

As for the amps, I'm no guru, but it's usually an idea to run two, one for your speakers and one for the sub. My Corolla (before the wife hydrolocked it) had a Four channel running the speakers and a two channel bridged running the sub. If you want to play your sounds long and often it's ideal to seperate the speakers and sub.

As for the speakers, if possible test them inside the car, but not installed properly. Even the stock speakers in my SX are quite reasonable, and are likely superior to those offered free with a headunit. I could be wrong about them, but that's why I suggest testing them inside the car acoustic environ before installing.

Hope I've been of some help!

shop around..

i bought my system for $400 which inc...

2 amps, 6b9's, 2x 12 inch 1000w subs, head deck

all sony explod brand..

u can find some bargins!

The fact that they are Xplod would be the reason why they are cheap. Can't remember the last time I heard a good word about Sony's in-car products, apart from their price.

Thanks for the help re the cradle for the gap in the 7th gens headunit. I have never heard anything good about x plode and yes you guys are right due to running 2 amps and i do hear that celica stock speakers are rather good.

When installing your speakers, cut out the stock ones. Get a knife and cut them out and use pliers to break the speaker off the mounts. I say this cos I've known people who have replaced the whole mount (they're riveted in which is a hassle).

If you intend on buying new don't forget to check out second hand prices. Audio gear is worthless second hand so there is no reason to spend all that money on new gear to then lose all of it in salvage costs. Check out the Trading Post or Cashies etc.

You only list the one amp (which should be used to power the speakers in that spec). Go for a bridgable 2-channel amp to run your sub. Being a 1000 W sub, look for something where the specs on the amp don't exceed this value when bridged. I assume the 1000 W is max, not RMS?

Don't run the speakers off of the head unit; it might say it's 200 W, but that'll be 200 W over the 4 channels, so 50 W each.

Don't run the speakers off of the head unit; it might say it's 200 W, but that'll be 200 W over the 4 channels, so 50 W each.

And that headunit power figure isn't RMS either - your average 4x50W MOSFET headunit is really putting out ~27W per channel RMS.