BC Racing (BR) coilover inquiry

Hey all, recently installed BC Racing coilovers (BR series) onto my 2003 corolla sportivo, and was wondering if anyone else had troubles when installing these. The front ones were no trouble, however, the rears seemed to not fit, and removing 1 chassis bolt was required to fit the rears in. Has anyone else had this trouble? Also, if you have, how did you fix it?

Cheers, Darren.

I don't know how different the BR Series to the V1's but yeah didn't experience any dramas when installing mine.

Which chassis bolt was it?

The only thing I came across was spring binding on the fronts, but that was solved with a replacement part from Just Jap.

I think this is a problem only for that V1 range as they are the cheaper spec.

I know what you mean! But...I bet you were installing on the ground doing one side at a time? And it was the second one you couldn't get in, am I right? You just have to let the whole control arm droop and install them both at the same time because it's a solid rear arm not IRS, and once it's all together on the ground again reach under and undo those trailing arm bolts on the chassis so its just loose then crank them back up nice and tight, you do this so the bush lines itself up to your new ride height and isn't trying to rip itself apart as it will be twisted until you loosen the bolt,

• 5 weeks later...

I know what you mean! But...I bet you were installing on the ground doing one side at a time? And it was the second one you couldn't get in, am I right? You just have to let the whole control arm droop and install them both at the same time because it's a solid rear arm not IRS, and once it's all together on the ground again reach under and undo those trailing arm bolts on the chassis so its just loose then crank them back up nice and tight, you do this so the bush lines itself up to your new ride height and isn't trying to rip itself apart as it will be twisted until you loosen the bolt,

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah Dani, we did one side at a time, but the problem was one nut needed to be removed from the chassis so that the BC Racing coilvers could slide in. Thanks Dani.

Thanks for your input all, really appreciate it, the coilovers are now up and running smoothly, just had to shave off the bolt cleanly.

Edited by dazz610