P Plate Legal?

Branno

Mate of mine has an EG civic with a DC2R B18b in it....without mod plate

And he is on his P's

yeah, like i said, its unlikely you would get busted if its not obious.

most cops arent going to know the diff between a 3sge and a 5sfe or a b18b and d15 (or whatever ****ty honda motor a civic has)

And he is on his P's

most cops arent going to know the diff between a 3sge and a 5sfe or a b18b and d15 (or whatever ****ty honda motor a civic has)

Mick, You are probably the best person to talk to.

I dont think they would be able to notice the difference.

If there is no turbo in it, They shouldnt be checking my engine bay without reason.

Here is the link of the Actual Celica I am looking at.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8796406&__Qpb=true&Cr=5&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294962861%204294962171%20442%20900&silo=1011&PriceTo=442&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=18&__sid=12AC2D89C081

And he is on his P's

Mick, You are probably the best person to talk to.

I dont think they would be able to notice the difference.

If there is no turbo in it, They shouldnt be checking my engine bay without reason.

Here is the link of the Actual Celica I am looking at.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8796406&__Qpb=true&Cr=5&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294962861%204294962171%20442%20900&silo=1011&PriceTo=442&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=18&__sid=12AC2D89C081

wow.

seriously, don't buy that car. Just going by the pictures its a bad choice.

a ) that horrid bodykit will draw police attention (and if its fiberglass, its a defect)

b ) The engine bay will also draw attention due to the bright colors and obvious un-supported pod filter, not to mention the bright blue mod plate (also a defect)

c ) I really don't like the fact that the instrument cluster has been butchered and replaced with poorly mounted cheap gauges, and the horrible gauge pod atop the dash (also will draw attention to you)

d ) If the owner did the conversion himself, I am willing to bet it has been done poorly and will be unreliable.

e ) $5000 is way to much for that atrocity.

If you want a 5th generation celica, may i suggest some of the below.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=9&R=8657593&keywords=&trecs=16&__sid=12578F4BE67C&__Ns=pCar_Odometer_Single|0||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0&__Qpb=true&__Nne=15&SearchAction=N&seot=1&__N=1216%201282%204294962861%204294962171%20900%204294950675&silo=1011

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8387110&__sid=12578F4BE67C&__Qpb=true&Cr=5&__Ns=pCar_Odometer_Single|0||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201282%204294962861%204294962171%20900%204294950675&SearchAction=N&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=16&silo=1011

or really anything else thats not been butchered.

Unless of course you drive through a defect station like I almost did today (outside Garden City for those that are around Brisbane).

Cheers Mick,

That first link that you sent me is just around the corner.

Like two suburbs away.

I might go check it out this weekend.

Thanks for that, I did a search on car sales but that one did not come up.

Thanks for that.

The lack of photos does concern me, maybe an inexperienced car seller.

Thanks for your help.

Michael.

Cheers Mick,

That first link that you sent me is just around the corner.

Like two suburbs away.

I might go check it out this weekend.

Thanks for that, I did a search on car sales but that one did not come up.

Thanks for that.

The lack of photos does concern me, maybe an inexperienced car seller.

Thanks for your help.

Michael.

No Probs man, If you are in brisbane and want any more help just shoot me a PM :)

229,000 km

holy fuq u may not get it back to your hose, requires rebuild before starting

bullshit, its a toyota. thats barely run in.

Mine has well over 200,000kms on it, and would be fine if i didn't mess with it.

but srsly, what do you expect when you are looking at a ~20 yo car.

229,000 km

Feel free to be shocked at my 1997 Corolla having 335,000km on it and still running strong, even with the head never having been removed and still on original clutch (was on original brake pads until 280,000km too)

229,000 km

Feel free to be shocked at my 1997 Corolla having 335,000km on it and still running strong, even with the head never having been removed and still on original clutch (was on original brake pads until 280,000km too)

i have a 1987 CS-X Seca corolla with 360000k's on the odometer got it for $600 and it purs like a kitten just by listening to it you would think its done less than 200000k's all depends how well they looked after :)

Hey guys,

I am thinking of buying a 1991 Celica SX,

It has had a 3GSE BEAMS Redtop engine conversion,

I was wondering if I can drive it on my P's as it has had an engine conversion?

cheers!

DOnt worry....Just get it....Cops dont check...But u will be in trouble if caught by Highway Patrol...which doesnt happen very often...

My mate drives his Starion with a vr4 engine in it ...No mod plates...Cops pulled him over heaps of time....never mentioned anything abt that

• 3 weeks later...

shoudlve asked the person selling it

me...

the car is actually an imported st182, which originally came out with a 3sge but had a 5sfe put in it when imported (so this model actually comes out with a 3sge hence mod plate not needed) also the mod plate that is on it is for seatbelts being changed due to being imported. The pod filter has been mounted properly now, and also have gone back to stock gauges.

Also the engine conversion was not done by myself, it was done by rollin auto imports in burliegh heads.

and have not been pulled over by police at all.

(and yes the engine numbers match both on the car and on rego papers)

Edited by joey_jones1213

me...

the car is actually an imported st182, which originally came out with a 3sge but had a 5sfe put in it when imported (so this model actually comes out with a 3sge hence mod plate not needed) also the mod plate that is on it is for seatbelts being changed due to being imported. The pod filter has been mounted properly now, and also have gone back to stock gauges.

Also the engine conversion was not done by myself, it was done by rollin auto imports in burliegh heads.

Respect if the conversion was done properly, but from the ad it still looks like a bucket of crap. I personally hate the veilside (or look alike, whatever) bodykit people put on these cars.

Also, if its an ST182 you probably should have mentioned that in the ad. That way people wont get it confused with a ST184 (which would be illegal to have a beams in on your p's)

Also, where is the compliance plate from when it was imported?

me...

Respect if the conversion was done properly, but from the ad it still looks like a bucket of crap. I personally hate the veilside (or look alike, whatever) bodykit people put on these cars.

Also, if its an ST182 you probably should have mentioned that in the ad. That way people wont get it confused with a ST184 (which would be illegal to have a beams in on your p's)

Also, where is the compliance plate from when it was imported?

Yes it was deff done properly. Everyone has there diff opionon i guess, but still goes way harder than any other n/a celica :-)

but all in all its P Plate legal.

Yes it was deff done properly. Everyone has there diff opionon i guess, but still goes way harder than any other n/a celica :-)

You ever seen WaynoFX's Celica? Also has a Beams but with a silly huge amount of work done to it, ITBs even (which required he add a scoop to fit).

You ever seen WaynoFX's Celica? Also has a Beams but with a silly huge amount of work done to it, ITBs even (which required he add a scoop to fit).

Yeah that thing is crazy, should've said harder than p plate legal celicas :-P