Reasons for power loss

hey,

Just would like to know some specifics for power loss, as I have felt my rolla have a slight feel of power loss, n would like to know some possible reasons.

cheers

"Loss of power" is a very vague and loose term, and could apply to many different things caused by many other different things. If you want an informed response you should supply us with more details about the conditions, history and magnitude of the loss - ie is the car struggling up hills, does it only happen when cold, have you had it serviced lately, how long has it been happening, what was the last thing you did to the car before it started happening etc etc

alright thenn, my car doesnt take off the mark as quick as it used to, although i do have a sloppy clutch and is most probably the reason..

i service my car every 5000km.

the main thing is that the acceleration isnt as high as it used to be, so just wondering what are some reasons for loss of acceleration.

thanks.

you could just be totally used to it... not getting the same thrill as when it was new to you.

But other possible things... needs a tune, needs injectors cleaned, new fuel filter (could be partially blocked), new air filter (same thing - partially blocked), could be a quazillion and one things...

Engines are inherently going to decrease in power over time, not magically make more.

as hiro said, power loss is a very broad term. It can happen when your motor does not run at its maximum efficiency (e.g bad fuel, old plugs, filters, leads, etc, etc) or when your drive train doesn't either (eg. bad clutch, failing gearbox, cv shafts, etc, etc)

You say your clutch is sloppy, if your clutch is worn and slipping, your loss of power through the drive train is going to increase.

• 3 weeks later...