HID lights for corolla

From what i understand ( I think Chicken posted the exact details here somewhere) any aftermarket HID is illegal unless factory fitted. All HIDs must have auto leveling function and lens washers. 8,000k will have a blue tint yes. from 6,500k onwards you will notice light bluing to more blue/purple. Also above 6,500k light output drops off quite a bit:

colours.jpg

i did ask the police whether it is legal to put non factory built HID light during pullover, and he asked me to refer to RTA web site..he did not reply me on this..

can anyone found the relevant section in RTA site?

If it is really illegal, the poilce will answer me "Yes, it is illegal", but he does not

I love how marketing companies just use the same image and put a colour cast :rolleyes: what it doesn't show, is the lack of contrast and usable light for human eyes to see with higher colour temperature kits, and the perceived "less light output" on the road.

YMMV.

Yeah i know that was the case,its just a colour example for people that ask. Its pretty obvious that the output levels are the same in the pics, thats why i stated that outputs drop the higher Kelvin you go...

For "real" shots see below:

Garax 4300K _____________________________________________________________________ Garax 6000k

43K_MT.jpg6K_MT.jpg

Garax 8000K _____________________________________________________________________ Garax 10,000k

8K_MT.jpg10K_MT.jpg

Color Temperature.......4300K.......6000K........8000K.......10000K.......12000K

Brightness/Lumens.......3200 lm.....3000 lm......2500 lm.....2300 lm......1800 lm

Hope that helps