05 sportivo

I've finally spent some time behind the wheel and I'm very happy with the car.

I found the gearbox to be a bit difficult to get used to (as I'm used to very smooth gearbox of my brother's Accord Euro) but after awhile it was shifting very smoothly. I think it's just a matter of getting used to it. My car's build date is June 05 btw.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just 2 months newer than mine i bought mine just wednesday last week

and im loving the car

but the drive in period is really bugging me im finding it real hard to not put my foot down well much anyways lol

oh trust me mate i have the first night i got it lol but then i felt kinda bad cus the car had only done like 60k's and im redlining it down the free way

so im jtrying to be good untill i get the first free warranty service done by then ill hit near 2000kms and get the service done and then first thing ill do is hit lift

also cus its been raining heaps the last few days im also trying to be sensible in the rain too as ive come from rear drive my whole licence life to front drive its heaps different still gettting used to it

Edited by evl_50a

oh yeah i guess thats right obviously you would know you have had yours for longer but the test drive i went on the lift felt awesome but my lift at the moment does feel REAL week actually you cant feel it at all you just hear the engine suddenly rev harder but doesnt seem to go any harder

so does this mean i need t do it some more to get the engine cpu to learn its fuel mapping properly so that i get more lift out of it

i hope this is the case cus im quite disapointed in my lift at the moment

Edited by evl_50a

yeah i've had me car for 2 months now and when i first hit lift it did feel a little weak

but after a couple of more times in lift she now feels awsome.. u can deffinately feel the surge now and my car is stock as a rock.

would love to hear/feel the difference with a cai in her

Darren,

is time for me to say something....havent been reading this forum for sometimes, sry for the late reply.

em living in Perth too. i bought my sportivo (Black) back in April 22 i think and i bought if for $29880 drive away in Big Rock Toyota.

wot i got are

1) Floor Mat

2) First 10,000km Service for FREE

3) 12 Months Road side assistance from AHG

4) 36 Months Road side assistance from Toyota

5) Toyota Premium Alarm System

6) Tank of Fuel (98 Premium)

7) Metallic Paint

8) 6 months Rego

Just copied straight off from my invoice.

also i paid $553 for my comprehensive insurance with QBE

if u think this price is reasonable and within yr budget, we can go to Big rock toyota together and try to beg for this deal again coz wot i been told is the deal i got is the cheapest in Perth ( dunno whether this is true or not but...)

Both of us will get a $100 fuel voucher too....:P

if u need any help...just email me ok darren.....my email address is ronnyki@hotmail.com just gimme a yell

so far my car going quite smooth and doesnt seems to have the gear box problem. i guees the gear box has been enhanced in the 2005 version and also toyota claimed the car from 0-100 in 8.4 secs. i tested it on the track that the car actually run 7.66 secs from 0-100 and i havent done any mod to my car...purely STOCK. anyway it really depends on how u launch yr car.

Hope this info would help

Cheers

Ronny

also toyota claimed the car from 0-100 in 8.4 secs.  i tested it on the track that the car actually run 7.66 secs from 0-100 and i havent done any mod to my car...purely STOCK. anyway it really depends on how u launch yr car.

Hope this info would help

Cheers

Ronny

Hey Ronny,

Just curious how was the 0-100 test carried out ... i.e. how was the time measured ?

cheers

Bill

test drove the sp23... v stivo (3wks before)

me likey:

interior quality looks better.

steering wheel is height and reach! mmm...

torque is nice..

steering is more... precise .. slightly heavier feel.

don't need to talk about gear shifting..

less bodyroll

dash looks way more modern

multi link rear

me no likey:

seats (leather + bose = +$3k)

cup holders are on the door

top end (compression = 9.0... escargots any1?)

unchangeable stereo (unless u fabricate a surround to go with your new deck)

5 gears only

space saver

that's what i saw after a quick 10min test drive

Edited by evo

test drove the sp23... v stivo (3wks before)

me likey:

interior quality looks better.

steering wheel is height and reach! mmm...

torque is nice..

steering is more... precise .. slightly heavier feel.

don't need to talk about gear shifting..

less bodyroll

dash looks way more modern

multi link rear

me no likey:

seats (leather + bose = +$3k)

cup holders are on the door

top end (compression = 9.0... escargots any1?)

unchangeable stereo (unless u fabricate a surround to go with your new deck)

5 gears only

space saver

that's what i saw after a quick 10min test drive

The steering in the Stivo is something i hate.. way too light and you pick up every vibration and irregularities on the road. The Mazda is a good car imo, only the engine lets it down.. i would love a 2ZZGE in a Mazda SP23 package :P

Reading the entire thread, I can't help but make a comment.

Like "SilvaRolla":

my car is stock as a rock.

I got my car in April 2004 and yes STILL stock as a rock.

Example:

Driving along any given road you.

1. See a gap.

2. Left hand on gear stick.

3. Left foot resting on clutch.

4. Check side mirror.

5. Check blind spot.

6. Fully extend left foot.

7. Quick shift into 3rd.

8. Sportivo comes ALIVE!

Simple as that. Gotta love this car for all its worth.

ZEEROLLA

The steering in the Stivo is something i hate.. way too light and you pick up every vibration and irregularities on the road.

Vibrationwise, have you tried a REX? Go around to the corner Milk Bar, buy milk and you'll have milk SHAKEN not STIRRED arriving home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZEEROLLA:

The steering in the Stivo is something i hate.. way too light and you pick up every vibration and irregularities on the road.

artivo:

Vibrationwise, have you tried a REX? Go around to the corner Milk Bar, buy milk and you'll have milk SHAKEN not STIRRED arriving home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:P Used to drive a MY97 WRX for 2 years with whiteline suspension componets and King springs, stock shocks, and plenty of kms and the steering was heavier but no where as "sensitive" as the Stivo's. The Stivo's steering is lighter but must admit on a smooth surface like driving at Wakefield Park it feels ok :D

Z

Edited by ZEEROLLA

i drove the SP239including the leather pack) and the stivo both on the same day and i got to take both of them on a real good drive too

i found the sp23 was very smooth and not many hastles when you was just driving normally but i found the car was way too formal if you wanted anything more than just a sunday it couldnt deliver anything betetr than a nice smooth cruiseing pace

but for the stivo it gave me everything it drove smoothly and yeah the steering is light but ive come from 5 commys so light steering is a dream for me lol

also when i wanted it to GO well it did exactly that

thesound system was way better in the sp23 but so what i found that its still not good enough to happy with if your a sound system man so either way you lose out just easier to change the system in the stivo

all round the stivo was way ahead except for a few small facters that wasnt worth spending the extra 7 grand with leather pack thats at full price

spend 7grand on the stivo including sound system it absolutely pisses all over it in every way imaginable

I always have this image of sportivo being a racer in comparison to SP23, which to me, is a great cruising car. I didn't know the SP23 is not leather standard, i thought the 2 tones leather comes in standard including the BOSE.