Toyota Hino 300 series. Rapid chip

eddie_d4

I have a Toyota Hino 300 series 816 Turbo diesel. I recently got a rapid chip installed which is meant to boost the performance of the truck so that it is easier to carry a load and accelerates more. The person who installed it said it was meant to increase the air and fuel mixture. It is basically a piggyback that connects to the ecu and is placed under the dash. He put the setting to about 33% gain although he said it could be set higher but it may trip it into limp home mode more often. I have been having a problem with it since i ever got it installed though since the truck is a 2008 model. When i accelerate at full throttle or close to full throttle it trips the computer into limp home mode and completely under powers the truck. The only way to get it to perform normal again is to restart the truck. Is there anybody that would know anything about this chip or could help me out? Any mechanic or tuner that will be able to look at it for me?.. Can i disable a certain sensor that will stop it from noticing that it is a rich mix? or just disable limp home mode completely, which would fix the problem completely...

The guy who installed it for me is not very good with the computer of the truck hence he is unable to fix the problem. The only thing he could do it tune down the chip but that still wouldnt help because i purposely put it in to increase the power of the truck to carry heavier loads and accelerate quicker...