LPG ur Kluger

Taka

I am considering LPG conversion of my Kluger once warranty finishes.

The initial quote that I have with LPGAS1 is $4800 with $1500 rebate. Still, the price difference needs 25000km of city driving to break even. That is to provided that the fuel consumption is similar between the two type of fuel.

Could I ask...

what system do you use?

fuel consumption on LPG?

any issues? power?

thanks

Taka.

I havent done it to my kluger, but just recently did my adventra, similar 3.6L engine and 5spd auto.

I was averaging 12L per 100kms and now just 13.5L to 14.5L depending on how often my pedal is flat to the floor.

I did the vapour injection, im assuming for that price your doing the Liquid injection...?

Mine costs $3500 and after rebate just $2000. Romano system

I was considering the Liquid injection but as my ar is an 05 i decided not to invest too much, whereas the kluger i would certainly do the Liquid option.

So far so good, it is fantastic filling a tank of gas for 20-25 bucks!

I did it through South east lpg conversion, but apparently after i had done it i found out a mob in frankston have better customer service....after sales service, not that SE has done anything bad but just a review i read.

See how you go. My wife still doesnt like the idea of gas in her car from previous stories about cars blowing up etc, but apparently they are pretty safe option now.

If you get it done, it would be interesting to see how much power the liquid option gives you, i reckon the system i chose looses about 5% power from what i have experienced

• 2 months later...

I have just had my 2008 Grande done on Vapour system. Very happy and cannot tell difference gas v petrol even when towing boat.

I have one issue though surrounding the petrol guage. The guage still seems to be reacting to kilomters travelled rather than how much petrol is in the tank. Showed empty the other day and decided to fill but only took 35 liters of fuel.

Coversion company states that some vehicle guages are controlleed by cumputer BUT should "reset" themselves to the correct amount of fuel in tank "overnight".

I am really happy with the conversion but want my petrol guage to work properly though.

I have just had my 2008 Grande done on Vapour system.

Hi colby13 and welcome to the forum :)

Could you tell me whereabouts you got your Kluger converted to LPG? your profile doesn't mention the city you're in.

Also, where did they install the LPG tank? What happened to the spare tyre?

Live in Melbourne CBD but conversion done at LPGAS1 in Lilydale on recommendation of Toyota dealership.

Donut type tank mounted in spare wheel compartment. Spare in home garage and they give you a temp puncture repair kit. Yeah - not ideal but how many times do you have a flat? (have RACV total care to fall back on too)

Funny thing happened yesterday however, was negotiating a large multi-laned roundabout in the "outside" lane, was taking it fairly quickly so a bit of body roll. Once straightened up continuing passed intersection I noticed petrol guage had gone from 3/4 to FULL. (as I think it ought to be)

Something very stange going on!!!

Edited by Colby13

Vapor cost around 2k after discount as mentioned in 2nd post.

But it's very true that every time Govt subsidise something prices goes up on almost double :(

• 11 months later...

Thanks everyone for posting, I have just recently bought a 2007 Grande AWD and am planning to convert to LPGas because I figure I'll break even quite soon with the 40,000km I do each year. Being from Chelsea I would be interested to find out the exact name of the 'mob in frankston with good customer service', any information is appreciated and thanks to everyone who posts their experiences. It's helping me discover a lot about my new car.

• 1 year later...

converted my 2011 grande to icom jtg liquid.The fuel usage went from ulp 11.3 av. to gas 14.54 av. L/100K (over 10,000k).This looks to be a long time before the system pays for itself at current fuel pricing considering the $5300 kit/fit price and only $1000 rebate.

• 5 months later...

Have now done 48ks(app 25ks on gas).JTG system has been troublesome,hard start hot or cold(replaced injectors).Poor economy(wiring loom crossed over to wrong firing order).Still hard starting at times(more injectors)Between whining diff gears, liquid gas system ,flapping bonnet and poor dealer attitude Im going back to my 100 series with 260000ks and no problems.

thanks for feedback after this time. I traded my original kluger in and now got myself a new grande(2007) model, never touching the gas stuff again, the car I had I placed onto gas, it is all hype as economy goes up 30% and the trouble I had and other parts failing due to gas, it was not worth while.

Happy with grande, averaging since bought 2k ago 12.5L/100 which is on 98 grade = 60% highway(monash carpark sometimes) and 40% local streets - considering mostly peak hour, this is good!

• Like 1

My kluger will never go on gas,the v6 offers outstanding economy for big petrol 6 cylinder car,I heard good and bad stories of gas, more bad unfortunatly,biggest problem would be voiding your warranty.