SV21 Idle Issue

Hey all,

New to the forum so im not sure if this is the correct place to post but anyway.

ive had my '88 SV21 Camry for 3 years now an amazing little machine except for an idling problem me and dad cant figure out. I've never seen anyone else with this problem so i thought id ask it myself.

I've read the manual and researched the internet and it says my car should idle at ~700 RPM but if i put it to that it will imediately stall. if i put it to 900 it will bounce around alot and make idle a very uncomfortable few minutes at the lights. i have to set it to 1050 to get a new idle out of it which i fear is droping my fuel consumpsion alot. ive done alot of tests, but nothing has seemed to help. i havent put through any injector cleaner or anything like that, just adjustment and retard tests.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem? or know anything that could help?

id like to keep my little gem for another year and want to get the most enjoyment out of it.