Painting Grille

rad000

I'm going to paint my grille tomorrow basically because i want to paint something on my car again as i enjoyed it last time (painted door pillars black as they had faded). I was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on what i should paint... i'm thinking of painting the main horizontal bits with matte black paint, then a clear coat. at the moment it's stock, (dark grey) and nothing else on the car seems to be grey anyways.

what i'm unsure of is if i should paint the chrome border or leave it, and if i should paint the toyota badge black as well for a moddish look or leave it chrome. i think i might like that look on the badge but people might just think i forgot to mask it lol. my car is navy blue btw. thoughts?

here's a pic of the grille as is. sorry for the darkness.post-12294-023293800 1287566667_thumb.jp

I'm going to paint my grille tomorrow basically because i want to paint something on my car again as i enjoyed it last time (painted door pillars black as they had faded). I was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on what i should paint... i'm thinking of painting the main horizontal bits with matte black paint, then a clear coat. at the moment it's stock, (dark grey) and nothing else on the car seems to be grey anyways.

what i'm unsure of is if i should paint the chrome border or leave it, and if i should paint the toyota badge black as well for a moddish look or leave it chrome. i think i might like that look on the badge but people might just think i forgot to mask it lol. my car is navy blue btw. thoughts?

here's a pic of the grille as is. sorry for the darkness.post-12294-023293800 1287566667_thumb.jp

Matt Black should be fine.

K8Canb

Leave the chrome bits as it is.

Black would be alright.

The other option u have it to paint it the same color as the car and do the same with the door handle and mirrors.

You can also get the whole grill painted in chrome... :idea:

Leave the chrome bits as it is.

Black would be alright.

The other option u have it to paint it the same color as the car and do the same with the door handle and mirrors.

You can also get the whole grill painted in chrome... :idea:

i ended up painting the border and kept the badge chrome. looked good until i put the clear coat on. bad idea lol. i'm gonna fix it tomorrow if i can. also my door handles and mirrors are already body colour too! vientaaaa

Chrome the cross bits!!! for just $12 or so buy a roll of chrome pin striping I think I used 9 mil width looks great and wears well I've had mine on for ages and still looks like new. Line up the top of each cross bar with the top of the tape, run it along the length, cut and roll the bottom of the tape under. Its that easy.