HELP WITH SPRINGS

hey guys i recently bought pedders springs and they said to me its the lowering springs and when i put it on it didnt lower at all it was the same standard height from the stock sportivo. i want my car to be low where you can actually fit 2 fingers under the wheels. can anyone suggest a proper height for it? is it 35mm low or something?

do you look at the part number and check if it's the lowered one?

and have you driven your car after lowering yet? mine didn't lower until i moved my car

if you installed 'lowered springs' should definitely look lower than before stock, even without driving it because they would should of test driven it out of the workshop and around the block after install. The springs should settle a little bit after a few weeks but still, should be lower than stock.

My spring rates are 35mm Front and 40mm Rear, with rear sitting about 2fingers higher than fronts.

Check if you got just 'Lows' or 'Superlows', superlows will give you the 2fingers under your guard, i dont know if lows will be that low. But then again, im not sure on the pedders range if they even have superlows.

thanks guys, when i bought it i specifically ask the guy how low it is he said it would lower about 35mm front and back. but when i put them on it didnt make no difference, but i havent took it for a drive around.

im assuming you installed them yourself? if so and you havnt driven your car yet, take it for a drive and see if it makes a difference.

If you have placed the springs in and put the car back down on it's wheels and you are seeing no difference it would appear the springs you have bought are a stock replacement , as the other guys have stated they do take some time to "Settle" into their final position but if your experiencing no real change at all and your looking to the car being those 2 or 3 fingers gap wheel to gaurd it's definatly not going to happen.

Oops, Pedders made a whoopsie.

Make sure your invoice reflects that you purchased the lowered spring (part no. 2358/2359) and then go back and get them to sort you out properly. Gun for some freebies or something too :whistling:

I chucked in a photo of what my car looked like on Pedders Sportsryder springs, bearing in mind that its also on 17s and therefore the gap to the guards is slightly smaller than on stockies (215/45 R17s with rolling diameter of 626 rather than 620). Hope this helps.

Adrian

post-18226-0-02752100-1289076520_thumb.j