2ZR-FAE

Hey guys, so after some research I found that the jap-spec auris has the 2ZR-FAE and ofcourse our aussie spec ones have the 2ZR-FE.

The FAE has the valvematic technology and I was wondering if we could put the FAE head on the FE and swap the ECU aswell and have a 1.8L corolla with toyota's version of V-tec?

This is part of my "sleeper killer corolla"... your thoughts peeps?

Cheers, Senna.

My knowledge of this is limited. As in none, lol. Seen pics of the valvematic engine, is it like lift? Anyone to confirm this? Seems like a lot of work though. Goodluck with it anyway

Lol I didn't know anything about it at all until I started to search up about the 2ZR-FE, which lead to the FAE. It seems like an adventure I think hahaha :P

This idea arose from a car my friend saw at autosalon; it was a nissan (can't remember what model) but basically there was a turbo model, and a non-turbo model except it had the nissan lift control technology, and basically the just took the head of that engine (it may have been an RB engine, not fully sure/can't remember) and they put it on the turbo engine and made a very considerable performance improvement :D

I found this video on youtube after a quick search:

Also, that's basically what it says on wiki, though I suppose wiki isn't the most reliable source...

But yeah from the looks of things I think it'll work. Then again, it could all be fantasy once I discuss it with my friend down at toyota after exam.

*FINGERS CROSSED THAT IT'S POSSIBLE*

My knowledge of this is limited. As in none, lol. Seen pics of the valvematic engine, is it like lift? Anyone to confirm this? Seems like a lot of work though. Goodluck with it anyway

Lol I didn't know anything about it at all until I started to search up about the 2ZR-FE, which lead to the FAE. It seems like an adventure I think hahaha :P

This idea arose from a car my friend saw at autosalon; it was a nissan (can't remember what model) but basically there was a turbo model, and a non-turbo model except it had the nissan lift control technology, and basically the just took the head of that engine (it may have been an RB engine, not fully sure/can't remember) and they put it on the turbo engine and made a very considerable performance improvement :D

I found this video on youtube after a quick search:

Also, that's basically what it says on wiki, though I suppose wiki isn't the most reliable source...

But yeah from the looks of things I think it'll work. Then again, it could all be fantasy once I discuss it with my friend down at toyota after exam.

if this is possible then it would be great to know because oz delivered corolla's are lacking that extra grunt

*FINGERS CROSSED THAT IT'S POSSIBLE*

Interesting. Is this basically a constantly adjusting vvt system? opposed to the original

"off/on" vvt engagement system?

And intersted to see how this is in comparison to the 2zzge Lift engagement. Im guessing this is

much less agressive?

Dan

Interesting. Is this basically a constantly adjusting vvt system? opposed to the original

"off/on" vvt engagement system?

And intersted to see how this is in comparison to the 2zzge Lift engagement. Im guessing this is

much less agressive?

Dan

VVTi has always been "constantly adjusting", it was only the VVT (note no 'i') in the silvertop and blacktop 20V 4AGEs that was on/off.

Valvematic offers both infinitely variable valve timing as well as lift, but it isn't the demon that VVTL-i was in the 2ZZGE. If you look at the numbers, the 2ZR-FAE puts out about 10% more power, which for the cost of getting a head and the associated electronics to run it (since they haven't been released here yet) you'd be better off just doing conventional mods to get the same power increase for less money.

Very interesting isn't it?! :D.

:o I didn't know they hadn't been released yet! :(

But yes, Hiro's right; it's not uber drastic but I think it'll help free up a few more revs, and if you have your headers and extractors done then I think revving past the 6500 mark might get a little more out of it.

I don't know if it'll work, but I'm damn sure keen and ready to be the first to take my skirt off to try this one :toast:

Edited by Senna De Silva

to me it seems unreliable i mean im no engineer but the motor to run those cams would have to be fast powerful and reliable and i dont think electronics are quite there yet wats wrong with pnuematics like on F1 cars

I think mick.wheels has a point... for adding on a turbo/supercharger what type of work would I be looking at to bring the internals up to scratch (specifically for a supercharger in a 2010 ascent)?

And robie, that's sir is a very valid point. I did not think of that...