Calling all TOCA members. What should I do? Hmmm...

Silver-Aurion

Okay, so I buy BP Ultimate 98 but the thing is, there are two BP petrol stations near my house, so this is where my dilemma comes.

Hope you follow me on this,

BP1 is 7.6KM from my house and BP2 is 9.9KM from my house.

BP1 is an old petrol station, but Ultimate is ALWAYS at least 3cents cheaper than BP2.

BP2 is a slightly longer drive, slightly more expensive BUT this BP is brand new, which means new underground petrol tanks, where as BP1, god knows how old the tanks are!

So WHAT would you do? Drive to BP1 which is closer, cheaper but old, OR, drive a bit more to BP2, pay a little bit more and and buy fuel from a BP station that is new(maybe only like 2-3 years where as BP1 is way way older).

Only reason I ask is that I have heard some horror stories on the net where old petrol station tankers can really deteriorate over time and water and crap can seep in.

I would rather go to BP1 because it's cheaper and closer but what's putting me off is that it's much older. So I always drive a bit more to BP2.

Seriously man , theres a reason they fit fuel filters to cars.... if this was a drama involving food , id be right there with you!

LOL :D

seriously dude, there is filter and yes if you are really worried just keep the receipt(s) and if anything happens, you can hold them responsible for the fuel.

I think about this sometimes aswell. I would probably rather go to a newer looking petrol station because all the undeground tanks and the pumps are in better condition. Also there is generally more room to park without some idiot hitting my car. Like you said in your other topic about fuel which is on the busy road? Cause then the fuel might just get used up alot quicker and wont make a difference sitting in the underground tanks for long.

I would say your car deserves the best, that might mean 3 cents more?

Actually i need to go get fuel :lol: