JVC Shroud doesn't fit? please help

Dixon

Hey all :)

ok so heres my situation. I treated myself to a jvc kw-xr616 for christmas (just in case anyone doesnt know --> http://www.jvc-australia.com/JVC/client/c_products_details.jsp?catID=27&prodID=600 )and i installed it yesterday but ive got a problem. I've installed it fine and it works a treat but (sorry for my lack of big words) the plastic air-con bracket..thingy haha that has to be removed to gain access to the double din slot? i cannot reinstall that WHILE the shroud is on the jvc. thus leaving dirty big holes down the side of my head unit and it isnt all that pleasing on the eyes.

i've included pictures and the dimensions of the shroud :) ive looked at it for a while and figured that with the air-con bracket the jvc head unit is flush horizontally, just not vertically :(

sorry if this is confusing but hopefully the pictures make up for my lack of explaining skills :)

surely someone has encountered this problem before. any feedback would be great :) maybe i should just put some black cardboard down the sides? :P

Dixon

post-19492-0-74964700-1293699415_thumb.j

post-19492-0-56397900-1293699457_thumb.j

post-19492-0-59637900-1293699475_thumb.j

post-19492-0-97752700-1293699498_thumb.j

you can purchase fillers to suit the ZZE as the stock units are not exactly double din in size as you have found out , i have used the fillers on my jvc unit and all is nice and flush without using the JVC provided filler.

you can purchase fillers to suit the ZZE as the stock units are not exactly double din in size as you have found out , i have used the fillers on my jvc unit and all is nice and flush without using the JVC provided filler.

exactly what i wanted to hear. can u throw a link me way or tell me where im able to purchase one? :D

i think what you need are "ears" for your head unit. Just ask for Toyota ears and they should have something for you. Even the Toyota follow me navigation comes with ears to fill those gaps... seeing as the unit is a re-branded eclipse one.

I bought mine from Chicken on here , i put up with having the unit sitting there for a while with the gaps and went , this has to be filled , makes a massive difference!

for good measure a photo:

2010-09-13172337.jpg

I bought mine from Chicken on here , i put up with having the unit sitting there for a while with the gaps and went , this has to be filled , makes a massive difference!

for good measure a photo:

2010-09-13172337.jpg

wow thanks so much dude. you actually took a picture just for my thread? haha feel so privileged :P. so with the brackets that the kit come with, does it sit further back into the dash than the stock? it looks like its sitting deep to me :)

that is due more so to the way my unit is mounted due to the screen having tilt function i measured it all up on tilt settings so it cleared the vent housing so it actually sits out slightly , i can take a better lit photo if you like!

nooo no no dont go to the effort just for me! i can see the gaps are filled nicely so stress less haha :)just outta curiosity what model jvc you got? its sexy lol