I need a new Idle speed control valve.

As the title says, I need a new idle speed control valve. I only need the solenoid not the whole assy. I have checked the operation and there is no movement. As in a previous thread I have cleaned the whole assy. and it is still fine. If there is any one that can point me in the right direction I will be very grateful.

2003 Corolla Sportivo 2zz-ge.

Edited by Lukeywunda

If you have mechanical aptitude try pick a part and a SR Manual. You pay a fee, take your tools and remove it yourself.

http://www.pick-a-part.com.au/

If you are in melbourne try toyota spares in Moorabbin, they may have a second hand one.

http://www.justoyota.com.au/

This may be the only cost effective way, I know someone with a similar problem and they tried pick a part with success.

Have you tried third party suppliers like Supercheap, Repco or Bursons? They may have a generic one that does the same job, without the pice tag.

Thanks Rodnz or there is this very detailed thread by Superdave.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25098

;)

Done that anyhoo, still has been a problem. I cleaned all the earth connections around the engine bay. Spray some WD-40 up the guts of the plugs and clean the MAF with some throttle body cleaner from Nulon. It is when the car is cold the problem still arises (see 'Cold start leads to engine light') When the car is HOT, all is fine.

Oh yes I saw that, but doesn't show you where you take off the star screws and oil the bearings inside, should rotate freely inside. Just had to mark it so it lines up properly afterwards when you put it back together.

• 3 months later...

For all of you who have lost sleep wondering what happened, I found and bought an intake manifold complete with throttle body and the ISCV from eBay($137.50 inc shipping). I have previously removed and cleaned the ISCV and had changed the 5 point screws for normal Philips head screws, so I changed the soleniod/black thingo with the plug and the car is NOW back to normal. Anyone need a spare intake manifold with a dodgy solenoid/black thingo? Must be worth a carton......

Enter obligatory emoticon :yahoo:

For all of you who have lost sleep wondering what happened, I found and bought an intake manifold complete with throttle body and the ISCV from eBay($137.50 inc shipping). I have previously removed and cleaned the ISCV and had changed the 5 point screws for normal Philips head screws, so I changed the soleniod/black thingo with the plug and the car is NOW back to normal. Anyone need a spare intake manifold with a dodgy solenoid/black thingo? Must be worth a carton......

Enter obligatory emoticon :yahoo:

In case anyone is interested, because those 5 point torx screws can be a real bugger to remove with pliers the keys are available from Trade Tools.

The set has 6 different size keys and a little ratchet handle for about $45.

If you have to replace a worn or damaged steering wheel they are also necessary to remove most wheel mounted airbags.