Can somebody tell me what this relay is for?

tobsta

REcently in the process of installing a PAC steering wheel interface for my 04 gen 5 camry i came across a problem in which the SWI wires were receiving a 12v current when the car iginition was ON (accessory was fine however) and traced the wiring back to a relay (4 pin micro Denso) that was located up next to the driver side junction box. It wasn't actually attached to the junction box but rather held onto the chassis next to it with a white clip. The solenoid of the relay was connected to a 12 volt source with the other terminal of the solenoid being spliced into one of the SWI wires with a diode in series. when the mode button was pushed it would cause the wire to ground activating the solenoid and turning the relay on. This would in turn activate the headlights somehow (im guessing it may be connected to the integration relay somehow) . I have got around this problem by removing the 4 pin relay but i feel as if there is something more going on. What exactly is the purpose of this relay and what should the pinouts of it be?

I got three photos. The first one is a close up of the wiring of the relay. The second is the location, next to the brake pedal and the third is of the diode which is attached in series to the solid black wire in the relay.

img0078sg.th.jpg

img0084fr.th.jpg

img0088cu.th.jpg

Thanks

Toby

Edited by tobsta