Hey all!

Hey everyone at TOC.

My name is Shannon and I recently bought myself a '92 Corolla GTi. Looking forward to roaming around the forums and learning new things, and hopefully getting a few tips on how to get my car to the level I want it to be at.

Cheers, from QLD (Sunshine State, yeah right!)

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

I was in QLD last winter and it was nice and sunny then, I think the weather has turned itself backwardsblink.gif

One word, Yes. The weather seems to have its own agenda up here. We got all that rain a couple of weeks ago, now its gone back to being hot! Must be nothing compared to down there though, the forecast gave VIC a 38°C max today!! :o I can tell you, I'm not envious of you right now!

I was in QLD last winter and it was nice and sunny then, I think the weather has turned itself backwardsblink.gif

One word, Yes. The weather seems to have its own agenda up here. We got all that rain a couple of weeks ago, now its gone back to being hot! Must be nothing compared to down there though, the forecast gave VIC a 38°C max today!! :o I can tell you, I'm not envious of you right now!

Yeh, this is the time when I wish I lived down the beach, just be able to hit the surf and feel the refreshing water cooling me down. And using my futile attempts to prevent my skin from burning ;) Apparently we're meant to be getting some humidity as well which will not be fun. Experienced it in the rainforests of QLD which were unbelievable :D

Yeh, this is the time when I wish I lived down the beach, just be able to hit the surf and feel the refreshing water cooling me down. And using my futile attempts to prevent my skin from burning ;) Apparently we're meant to be getting some humidity as well which will not be fun. Experienced it in the rainforests of QLD which were unbelievable :D

Yeah, the beach does sound good. Shame it's an hour drive north or south before you find any decent beaches up here <_< Humidity sucks. I can stand the heat but as soon as the humidity starts to creep up the sweat starts and it gets all muggy and it's just generally unpleasant. Which rainforests did you end up going to?? They sure are breathtaking!

Yeah, the beach does sound good. Shame it's an hour drive north or south before you find any decent beaches up here <_< Humidity sucks. I can stand the heat but as soon as the humidity starts to creep up the sweat starts and it gets all muggy and it's just generally unpleasant. Which rainforests did you end up going to?? They sure are breathtaking!

An hour? Man I'd love to be an hour from the beach. I'm an hour from work and 2 1/2 hours from the beach :(

Ended up going to the Natural Bridge Rainforest. Rest of the trip was the beach at surfers paradise, and theme parks :D

An hour? Man I'd love to be an hour from the beach. I'm an hour from work and 2 1/2 hours from the beach :(

Ended up going to the Natural Bridge Rainforest. Rest of the trip was the beach at surfers paradise, and theme parks :D

Ouch, 2 1/2 hours from the beach.. That sucks!

I've been to the Natural Bridge at night time and saw the glowworms there. It was quite spectacular!

The beach and theme parks - Can't go wrong there!! Sounds like you had a great time.

Ouch, 2 1/2 hours from the beach.. That sucks!

I've been to the Natural Bridge at night time and saw the glowworms there. It was quite spectacular!

The beach and theme parks - Can't go wrong there!! Sounds like you had a great time.

Especially being a surfer, lol

Had such a blast we went up there again :D Planning on heading up this year, might even manage to get to the annual meet laugh.gifyahoo.gif