Sportivo Issues and Fixes

Just thinking perhaps we should have a sticky with all the issues that people have had.. and what the problem was.. So if people have similar issues they have at least something to go on

I recently had a nasty metal scraping noise when my car was under load.. or near the stall point..(when taking off from a standstill slowly etc) Toyota blamed my aftermarket exhaust.. I removed it and the noise was still there.. *suprise suprise* :rolleyes:

Anyway.. turns out it was the Drive belt tensioner..

I asked if it was a common problem and they said it had never happened before.. which is why it took so long to diagnose (2 days)

lol its funny you know ive taken my stivo back over a heap of issues mainly body stuff no motor stuff(knock on wood) except the sticky gears thing.

anyway evrytime i have an issue with the car toyota always says its a first time and never had a report or issue with that before.

LIARS LIARS LIARS

we all had the sticky gears and a shi@%lo*d of us had reported it to toyota.

so evrytime i hear them say that i laugh because they wouldve most definatly had a report before.

anyway my current issue with them is with my paint job need to find out if anyone else with a red corolla had paint chip problems. my car has basicly one coat of red paint and a white undercoat so evrytime theres a chicp it comes up white o it looks like my car had been ashed on lol. anyway i think its and issue because if i evry decide to sell it people will use it as an excuse to get the price down and if i wanted to cut and polish it it might bring the white out all over the car because the top coat is so thin.

if anyone has this same issue please let me know?

Yes i saw that northy... except that thread is only for emails you have written to Toyota...

There is currently no thread regarding common problems and there fixes...

we need one that lists the problem and fixes with no commenting...

Just simply a list what the problem was and how it was fixed..

p.s. Eddy.. my car is cascade blue and every time i get a chip it's white underneath.. so im not sure if it's just your car... perhaps one day while driving we will meet and ill check it out :P