Seat options

addy287

Anyone know if it is possible to put '07 sportivo seats in my '98 Camry without too much trouble/modifying?

I know the MCV36R ones do.

Biggest issue is that they are no longer a manually adjusted seat i.e - they are electronic.

Given that the seat is made up of a number of different parts that can be bought separately (headrest, back, bottom cushion, airbag section, rails etc); you could probably buy the necessary parts to have a Gen 6 seat, sitting on Gen 4 rails (assuming the Gen 6 rails are different to the Gen 6 ones; which I reckon they are due to the difference in size of the chassis').

Assuming to power the seat is simply through a standard plug (m to f or f to m) it would simply be a case of wiring up the right plug and tapping into a ground and 12v.

You wouldn't need to worry about the airbag part of the seat as your Gen 4 didn't come with airbagged seats.

^ whether the seat would actually move or not is a totally different story though. You could also probably rig it to move with your original lever (to control your distance to the steering wheel) but use the electronic adjust for the tilt, lumbar etc.