scribe

G'day Toyota owners. I'm a newbie. It's taken me 66 years to buy a Toyota (I don't like to rush things). It's an oldie, a 1984 Hiace campervan with a few dings. But hey, I've got a few dings too and I'm still kickin'. I plan to do a bit of travelling around Oz before it's too late.

Welcome to the club mate :D It's never too late to start ;) Good to hear your planning on travelling this fine country of ours and I'm sure the rest of the members here will be just as welcoming :D Good luck

Hi Scribe

Welcome to the club. Hope all goes well for your tripping around. Definate agree with the see Australia first thing. Keep us updated with your progress and the trip.

All involved in the club are more tan willing to offer advice and help in any way possible

Mark

Hey Scribe - I'll echo the replies of the others above, never too late to buy a Toyota or see Australia :D I reckon it sounds like a fabulous idea, and as Vey has said please keep us updated and share photos of your travels! :D

• 11 months later...

i just bought the same exact thing. it will be delivered tomorrow or wednesday. bought it sight unseen so this will be interesting.

are you familiar with the "house" parts of the camper? i'm sure it won't come with a manual and it could be a trick to figure it out even though i've dealt with rvs for 20+ years.

any way - good luck with yours!

Hey Scribe!

Welcome to the club! My parents have owned toyota cars all their life! They're reliable, trustworthy, affordable, never breakdown and they're nuclear proof! :P

Congrats on the purchase and wish you well with your travels! :D