Weird Clonking sound in 07 Aurion AT-X PLEASE HELP !

Hello everyone.

Ive had a weird experience for the last 3 months.

When i first start my car and get to about 20 km i hear a weird clonk from the rear of my 07 Aurion AT-X.

But it only happens when I FIRST start my car, for example, if im stopped at traffic lights and take off again i wont hear it, so yeah it only happens when i first turn my car on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

I would like to take this opportunity to direct you to the FAQ's which are pinned to the top of this forum. In that thread, you will find the following:

The TOCAU Aurion FAQ

Q) My Aurion makes a clunk / knock sound when driving off for the first time after starting it. Is this a problem?

This is not an issue. Every time you start your engine and then drive off the ABS performs a self-check. The service manual best describes this:

When the vehicle speed first becomes approximately 4 mph (6 km/h) or more after the ignition switch is turned on (IG), each solenoid valve and motor of the brake actuator is sequentially activated to perform an electrical check. During the initial check, the operating sound of solenoid valve and motor can be heard from the engine compartment, but this is not a malfunction.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to take this opportunity to direct you to the FAQ's which are pinned to the top of this forum. In that thread, you will find the following:

The TOCAU Aurion FAQ

Q) My Aurion makes a clunk / knock sound when driving off for the first time after starting it. Is this a problem?

This is not an issue. Every time you start your engine and then drive off the ABS performs a self-check. The service manual best describes this:

When the vehicle speed first becomes approximately 4 mph (6 km/h) or more after the ignition switch is turned on (IG), each solenoid valve and motor of the brake actuator is sequentially activated to perform an electrical check. During the initial check, the operating sound of solenoid valve and motor can be heard from the engine compartment, but this is not a malfunction.

Wow thanks for this man. I've had my car for about a month now and I've been wondering what this annoying sound was coming from the boot. lol this explains it all. :)

annoying sound was coming from the boot

Boot?

The part is under the hood and behind the drivers side headlamp, between wiper washer fluid and engine coolant tanks.

Everyone hears things differently. It's like when I have a rattle on the car that I clearly know is from the front, some passengers swear it's coming from the rear.

• Like 1

Everyone hears things differently. It's like when I have a rattle on the car that I clearly know is from the front, some passengers swear it's coming from the rear.

The family and I just returned from a weekend up Nelsons Bay and the entire way back the missus complained of an anoying noise coming from the glovebox area.

Personally, from where I was sitting the 'annoying noise' was comming from the passenger seat :spiteful: , but it ended up being the passenger rear seatbelt vibrating against plastic trim in the back.

The job of tracing noises in vehicles has got to be one of the biggest pain in the :excl::excl::excl: jobs that exist, depending on how you have your head turned, they move about the cabin. These days, I announce an award to the kids to whoever finds that noise first gets a prize, goes double if they can fix it too :P