Reversing Camera's

Anthony Willingham

Hey,

I was keen on installing a reversing camera on my Estima/Tarago for the same reason I bought it.. 6 children.

Just wanted to explore what is avaliable.. but specifically will a double din dvd player display visual footage from a reversing camera?

Also any people who have maybe had a camera installed by a retail chain e.g. Stathfield and been pleased with the results?

Anthony.

Reversing camera on eBay should run you about $30 at the most mate.

How handy are you?

Its not a hard install and you can usually just mount it somewhere near the rear window.

I had a quick look for you and I couldn't find any cameras that are plug and play

By plug and play i mean, it plugs straight into your license plate lights and works, all you have to do is run a cable.

Thats what I was looking at for my corolla here

Might fit your Tarago, so check it out mate

Most double din's will accept your reversing camera signal, heck all of them will, its just a simple RCA video cable that you need.

I'm not sure how much this would cost to get it professionally done, but if you already have the double din you could get away with this for under $50.

The hardest bit is finding somewhere to mount if you can't get a model specific and then all you do is run a wire to switched power under the dash and run your video cable to the back of the headunit

• 4 months later...

Hey,

I was keen on installing a reversing camera on my Estima/Tarago for the same reason I bought it.. 6 children.

Just wanted to explore what is avaliable.. but specifically will a double din dvd player display visual footage from a reversing camera?

Also any people who have maybe had a camera installed by a retail chain e.g. Stathfield and been pleased with the results?

Anthony.

you found plug play camera?i am also interested in

We got the Toyota one installed in ours (2009 Tarago) when we had the full size Sat Nav installed, the view is perfect in daylight and nighttime (the reverse lights do a good job of lighting the area). There are no guidelines on it like some of the aftermarket ones (I am not sure if this is a camera or headunit feature). The current Tarago's have a punchout/cutout section in the rear door garnish to mount the camera. As to price I don't know and don't want to (we spent a lot of money that day)

On a seperate note there are some wireless units around but I don't know how well they work or install