How to connect car DVD player to handbrake?

I just bought a dvd player for my ascent.

In order for the DVD player to work, I need to connect it to the handbrake wire.

Have anyone done this before?

Can I bypass this procedure & still get the DVD player working?

Any help will be appreciated?

Thanks.

• Like 1

+1 to what le.vinh.zr says

With my headunit (Chinese thing), all I had to do was plug the Handbrake Cable into this Ground Plug

Hard to explain but sometimes there is simply a wire you can plug the handbrake cable into and that will ground for you,

But if not,

Find a bolt, ground it, done (:

• Like 1

Thanks mate.

+1 to what le.vinh.zr says

With my headunit (Chinese thing), all I had to do was plug the Handbrake Cable into this Ground Plug

Hard to explain but sometimes there is simply a wire you can plug the handbrake cable into and that will ground for you,

But if not,

Find a bolt, ground it, done (:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If anyone like a proper connection for the DVD player only to be viewed when the handbrake is on.

Then this is where you should look for.

Nice pics.

Mine had the pink and black wires close together so you could just stick them together. Then it got snagged as I put the headunit in and came apart, I didn't notice till after I put it all back together of course. Was easy to sort out though once I realised.

• Like 1

This thread is a typical example of the help that anyone, including newbies can receive from the more experienced guys on the forum.

'the-converter' and many more of the guys seem to be more than willing to pull bits off their cars just to take pictures so that people can see where and what can be done to repair and modify their vehicles. Although this particular thread is a simple cover removal, the effort to get up - find a camera or phone take the pictures, upload them and explain the procedure is nothing short of fantastic.

Here's to the unsung heroes of the forum for going above and beyond the call of duty in achieving such a great result like this one. :toast::clap: :clap: :clap: