URGENT assistance with 3SGTE Engine

Dear members,

Is there any service centre/ workshop that you know that is familiar with 3SGTE engine? Would you be able to recommend to me? This is because there seems to be white smoke coming out from my exhaust pipe when i accelerates and when it idle, it seems like there are water emitted from the exhaust! O.o

I have tried calling a handful of places but they are not familiar with 3SGTE engine and are not keen to 'explore' what is going on.

Would really appreciate if any of you could help me out here.

Cheers.

Dear members,

Is there any service centre/ workshop that you know that is familiar with 3SGTE engine? Would you be able to recommend to me? This is because there seems to be white smoke coming out from my exhaust pipe when i accelerates and when it idle, it seems like there are water emitted from the exhaust! O.o

I have tried calling a handful of places but they are not familiar with 3SGTE engine and are not keen to 'explore' what is going on.

Would really appreciate if any of you could help me out here.

Cheers.

I would imagine a place that deals with imports should be able to look at this.

My guess is that coolant is getting in to your exhaust either from a BHG, or worn turbo seals.

Thx Mick, for the heads up.

What would the cost of rectifying the prob do you reckon? because my friend found a place that specialize in turbo cars (skyline etc.) but only had little experience with 3SGTE. Heard that price to analyse + fix is aroud AUD1600. (Location:SA)

Is that the price range I should be looking at? and by the look of it, I am having a HUGE problem isn't it? *sigh...*

Thx once again for looking into my Questions. Looking forward to your reply.

cheers.

Thx Mick, for the heads up.

What would the cost of rectifying the prob do you reckon? because my friend found a place that specialize in turbo cars (skyline etc.) but only had little experience with 3SGTE. Heard that price to analyse + fix is aroud AUD1600. (Location:SA)

Is that the price range I should be looking at? and by the look of it, I am having a HUGE problem isn't it? *sigh...*

Thx once again for looking into my Questions. Looking forward to your reply.

cheers.

Neither option is going to be cheap. I honestly could not give you a price (as I do all my own work I have no idea what it costs at a shop).

I had a similar issue with my Celica GT4 and I fixed it by replacing the turbo with a newer one (although in your case, I would recommend getting the turbo seals replaced if thats the problem)

If it is a turbo issue, a place that specializes in imports should not have any dramas fixing it... If its a BHG (blown head gasket) most mechanics would be able to fix that.