Need some help

Hi there

just wondered if anyone knows what the bolts on the chassis rail do i have an 06 atx Aurion and hit an traffic island bent one of the forementioned bolts they are located in the middle of the back door on the chassis rail.

thanks in advance

Wayne

just wondered if anyone knows what the bolts on the chassis rail do i have an 06 atx Aurion and hit an traffic island bent one of the forementioned bolts they are located in the middle of the back door on the chassis rail.

I don't have an AT-X, just wondering if you can take a photo so we can be sure?

I know the side skirt is held on by multiple plastic clips, which are next to the chassis rail, but this doesn't sound like what you're asking about:

imagesfk.jpg

Edited by 450HP/tonne

If you are talking about the two 8 or 10mm bolts sticking out of the chassis rail, I would say don't worry about them. They look like they are for some extra that wasn't fitted to our cars. Anyone know what they are used for?

If you are talking about the two 8 or 10mm bolts sticking out of the chassis rail, I would say don't worry about them. They look like they are for some extra that wasn't fitted to our cars. Anyone know what they are used for?

I haven't had a chance to look at it to see their placement so I'm only taking a stab in the dark here, but could it possible have anything to do with transportation of the car, like a tie down point or something?

yeah thats them but what are they for ?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply. I was down on my side cleaning my side skirts before getting to the underbody and say these two and though "Oh s***. That's right". So I took out the camera. Is this what you were referring to:

di-3130757720415.jpg

I take it the AT-X does not have that brace on it?

My Atx doesn't have them, what were they fitted too?

I managed to fish this photo out taken of my old pre-facelift Sportivo SX6. You can make out the same bar if you look closely. It seems it must have been something fitted to the Sportivo's and TRD's:

dsc03751a.jpg