Headlight change

roadwarrior

How on earth do I replace the headlight bulb on my 2007 Tarago? The space behind the light is so cramped and tight I can't even see what's behind there, let alone get my hand in there to loosen something.

Update: I've unscrewed the main light housing by turning it 1/4 a turn, and I've disconnected one of the electrical cables. But there is still one more cable attached and it doesn't seem like it comes off. Also the lack of space behind the light in combination with the remaining cable are preventing me from removing the housing, or from seeing the bulb.

Whoever designed this was a sadist hell bent on reducing space without thinking about the consequences.

Edited by roadwarrior

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old post but there is little to no information out there on how to change these globes.

In short, the trick is to remove the back plastic plate from the car all together. The change in the Tarago model from 2005 - 2006 sees the cables now attached to the back of this plate that prevents it from being removed. The only reason I can think of why they did this was to stop the connection moving about while driving.

It may seem like you are going to break it as it is on very strong but it will come off if leveraged with a screwdriver.

Once you have the connectors off the back of the light plate, you can turn is a quarter turn and remove it out through the wheel arch access panel.

This then gives you full access to the back of the globe so you can get to it a lot easier.

(Easier... not easy.)

There is still a lot of scraped knuckles and swearing involved to get it to sit in there right but it is MUCH easier than leaving the back plate on.

Make sure when you handle the globe you wear gloves because if you touch the glob it will only last a few weeks before blowing again. (Trust me.... I'm on my 4th set of globes before I worked out what was causing it)

Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 1 year later...