Alarm doesnt go off now.

Winnie

When i used to lock the door using the remote for the aurion, it would lock and then when i attempted to unlock it using a key (using the keyhole), it would go off. When i do it now, it doesnt go off anymore. What could be the problem?

When i used to lock the door using the remote for the aurion, it would lock and then when i attempted to unlock it using a key (using the keyhole), it would go off. When i do it now, it doesnt go off anymore. What could be the problem?

My last and current Aurion both disable the alarm when you unlock using the key. Older model Camry's etc used to be the opposite and still keep the alarm on even if you used the key. Are you absolutely positive that the alarm never turned off when you unlocked using the key? Because others here have also reported that it does for them as well.

My last and current Aurion both disable the alarm when you unlock using the key. Older model Camry's etc used to be the opposite and still keep the alarm on even if you used the key. Are you absolutely positive that the alarm never turned off when you unlocked using the key? Because others here have also reported that it does for them as well.

I am almost certain that it went off when you unlocked the car using the key. I recently got a key cut and tried opening with that key and nothing goes off (nor does it go off with the original keys). Could it have been the key cut that screwed up the computer system? The key is a genuine one and it starts the car and everything so i cant think of a reason that that would be the case. Could it be possibly a blown fuse. The alarm goes off when i hold down the remote and what not. I just cant think of anything that would possibly be the reason behind it.

Thanks for you contribution

Ok lets be precise.

The alarm does not make a sound on mine when I unlock using the metal key.

Thats the Touring which doesn't use smart-key.

Can you sum up the whole thing again precisely and in chronological order?

Are you saying the alarm used to sound before you started using a keysmith copy of your key?

I thought the alarm is disabled when you unlock the car with a metal key. However you can't start the vehicle with a cut key because of the inbuilt chip in original keys that disables the immobiliser. Leave your original keys in the house and try the cut key again. See if you can start the car.