replacing a hilux rear tub

Hello Toyota Fraternity.....

My valiant '85 Hilux dual cab has just withstood a rear end collision while parked, - magnificently containing all of its write-off damage to the ute's rear tub. I'm now seriously wanting to explore a surgical transplant: Think I've located a suitable organ donation within road freightable distance (ie: interstate), was wondering what experiences anyone may have had unbolting and re-bolting replacement tubs on their Hilux? Is this a straight-forward unbolt, lift-off, and re-bolt-the-new operation as I suspect? Or is it a lot more complicated than that? What other parts do I need to renew / replace / acquire etc ? Does it require welding? Am I just naively deluded?

Any emailed or posted enlightenment / advice much appreciated! Thanks,- a very recent Hilux zealot (4 years) in Sydney. Cheers!

Hello Toyota Fraternity.....

My valiant '85 Hilux dual cab has just withstood a rear end collision while parked, - magnificently containing all of its write-off damage to the ute's rear tub. I'm now seriously wanting to explore a surgical transplant: Think I've located a suitable organ donation within road freightable distance (ie: interstate), was wondering what experiences anyone may have had unbolting and re-bolting replacement tubs on their Hilux? Is this a straight-forward unbolt, lift-off, and re-bolt-the-new operation as I suspect? Or is it a lot more complicated than that? What other parts do I need to renew / replace / acquire etc ? Does it require welding? Am I just naively deluded?

Any emailed or posted enlightenment / advice much appreciated! Thanks,- a very recent Hilux zealot (4 years) in Sydney. Cheers!

im not sure aboutthe older hilux's but the new ones are only four bolts from memory and some wiring attached to the indicators it is literally a matter of unbolt clip in wirirng and rebolt and bobs you unkle