Blown High Pressure Oil Hose V6 2GR Tarago GLX

Hi,

My Tarago has just blown the high pressure oil hose after being in for a service back in December 2010.

You might say 'so what'??

Well this car has done 47000 Km and during the last service I was advised that there was a factory recall on the engine for this reason and they would do it.

When I went to pick the car up I was advised that they didn't have the time to do it as they were busy and would postpone it until the next service (due next month)

I asked the service guy if there was a risk of the hose blowing and he said 'not to worry' as he had never had heard of it happening.

Well I have just left my car at Hills Toyota in Mount Barker SA after speaking to a very helpful technician who just happened to be there at the time and let me bring my car inside the workshop @ 20:30 at night.

The engine bay and the rear of the car is covered in oil which is a shame because I take great care of my car and feel like I have been kicked in the guts!

The dealership in question is Northpoint Toyota Hillcrest SA.

My car is still under warranty and I was wondering where I stood as far as getting the car repaired and cleaned.

I would not recommend Northpoint Toyota Hillcrest to anyone as I have also had some 'slackness' in regards to my wife's Corolla.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ralf..

You are the second car in Australia i have heard of it happening to. As it is a warranty required repair, they should foot the bill and have it steam cleaned. Any damages is Toyotas fault.

Thanks for your reply mate.

This disappoints me no end as I am quite 'fussy' with my cars and you could of have eaten your lunch from my engine bay.

Here she is before this debacle.

post-20858-0-73728400-1306933060_thumb.j

Edited by Ninjaa