Custom zre lip?

Hi Guys serious question.

I have access to a damaged facelift rear bar, i was wondering if it was possible to some how convert it into a preface lift rear lip by seperating the lower section and mounting it to where the mud guards are screwed on and with some double sided tape? i know its not as simple as cut stick but can it be done??

P.s i know it will be simpler just to stick on a facelift bar.

• Like 1

If you mean trying to fit the facelift black garnish into a pre-face then no.. Way too much trouble for starters .. The newer bar comes straight down where as ours curves under, even if you cut it to fit the garnish in it, almost impossible to mould the ends in it without looking ridiculous.

from what i can see it can be done. i'll tell you how i would do it, it may take quite a bit of time though.

See how our bumper is straight then curves? attach the facelift rear from there so that it is straight.

Then you will need to find all the areas which are flush and think of a way to make them flush. I reckon if you did that it would look similar to the TTE rear lip. This is a little paint job i did a while back.

5836194016_bb7a890b3f.jpg

TTE lip diffuser

Other things you may need to think about is the cost to paint, tools to cut the bumper, mounting points.

It won't work,square peg in a round hole.. I have both bars here side by side and they are too different, a pain to attempt anyway and not worth the money, would be cheaper to just buy a skirt. That silver one above has the TTE rear skirt which just means the dual exhaust cut outs sit under our bar anyway,, that pic is photoshop.Sorry

34208e6e.jpg

haha yeah that was a photoshop that i did, i used the prorgam paint though. hence the 'litte paint job i did' :P

I would listen to john since he has both bars and can compare them.

In the end its up to you Will, it WOULD be easier to save and buy a rear skirt.

OR if you're game and have some free time and like to DIY, make your own.

i might be starting a custom front lip out of scratch. but i want to get my car audio done first though.

That was your handy work Peter?oh sorry I didn't know you did it, at first i thought it was cut out :lol: I thought about doing what Will wants but they are just too different..

All new front lip you say??? Can I order it now? ;)

The front lip will be a one off. :lol:

Hopefully I can get it started when I finish my exams in two weeks. It should keep me occupied for the holidays.

Also Will, since you already have a facelift rear bar, and I'm guessing you're using the stock pf rear lights, so why not delete the reflectors on the facelift rear bar? I reckon it'd look alot cleaner that way.

I would do that instead of making a rear lip. A few rukus owners have done that in america have done that.

The front lip will be a one off. :lol:

Hopefully I can get it started when I finish my exams in two weeks. It should keep me occupied for the holidays.

Also Will, since you already have a facelift rear bar, and I'm guessing you're using the stock pf rear lights, so why not delete the reflectors on the facelift rear bar? I reckon it'd look alot cleaner that way.

I would do that instead of making a rear lip. A few rukus owners have done that in america have done that.

Was thinking of doing that! but i still need to get the diffueser ahaha, and need to get the bar fixed

• Like 1