Aurion Rear Strut replacement

revinR1

Just wondering if anyone has a link for the rear struts on a 2007 Aurion. I`ll be replacing ours on Thursday and was just after a manual to see if there is anything special that has to be removed .Otherwise I`ll just have to feel as I go ...

Any body else had to replace thiers and what Brand did you get . We tried,Gabriel,Monroe,(Forgot the 3rd)and only KYB had a listing.. Ended up with these as the left rear is Kaput :( but surely KYB isnt the only maker

Search is your friend (whole vehicle manual):

Since I had a second spare, I have put all the service manuals into a ZIP file for one simple download without waiting for each one. The download is 224.7MB however.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CKKWYAJT

Just wondering if anyone has a link for the rear struts on a 2007 Aurion. I`ll be replacing ours on Thursday and was just after a manual to see if there is anything special that has to be removed .Otherwise I`ll just have to feel as I go ...

Any body else had to replace thiers and what Brand did you get . We tried,Gabriel,Monroe,(Forgot the 3rd)and only KYB had a listing.. Ended up with these as the left rear is Kaput :( but surely KYB isnt the only maker

KYB is probably the best of the OEM replacement shocks; I wouldn't be too upset.

Yeah not really upset about having KYB. Its just I find it hard to belive that ONLY KYB have a replacement part..

Anyway didn`t get to it this week,so its just going to be another job for next week.Might do it on Friday while wifes at work.She probally hit the roof if she walked out and see`s rear end pulled apart and bits of the motor pulled(for plugs) hahaha

Be prepared to remove the rear seat and parcel shelf to get to the strut towers. and be carefull putting it all back together, not to jam the seat on the fuel flap cable like my local dealer did.

Remove back seat hey... I was going to go thru the boot.Thanks for that.Haven`t been able to download the above link :( The strut towers are located under the parcel shelf, so if you want to pull it apart yourself, good luck.

Cheers for the heads up

Did it on Friday.Wasn`t anywhere near as hard as I thought.Worked a few short cuts out for the 2nd side after fumbling my way thru the 1st. Like undo the V support bracket for easy access across the top.Not to forget a spanner etc...

Glad I had a rattle gun for the 19mm nuts and was guided to go in thru the back seat area, apart from that it`s all very easy