Genuine Toyota 6 CD/Bluetooth/USB/iPod experiences?

birdie

Ok, I have got a 2002 Camry Sportivo (V6, Manual) (MCV36R), and soon after getting the car I removed the factory 6 disc in dash stacker and installed my Pioneer Single DIN headunit from my previous car... now this works fine, but it doesn't have bluetooth and doesn't look very factory. Is also has a fairly small screen... So I played around for a while with a carputer, I had bought a new dash surround and custom molded in a 7" touchscreen for the carputer. I also bought Centrafuse (software with GPS, media support, etc) but then just as I was ready to install the carputer I discovered Centrafuse doesn't support the iPhone... big deal breaker for me... so i've gone back to just the Pioneer headunit I've got, which does work with my iPhone via the Pioneer iPod Adaptor, but it dosen't charge it...

Now I've also been looking on eBay at the Chinese double-DIN GPS/DVD/iPod/etc headunits, but for me none of them seem to have a consistant interface, they all have a different interface for the GPS and the audio system, etc, so that's turned me off the idea of them.

So I was thinking after being in a friends new Kluger and discovering that it had iPod support, that maybe i should look at getting a newer genuine Toyota Headunit, and upon investigation, it appears I can get a genuine Toyota headunit (PZQ60-00051) which has a 4.3" colour LCD display , 6 disc in dash stacker, bluetooth, usb, ipod, and rear camera support...

Now I'm wondering if anyone had one of these headunits, or has experience with them? What is you experience with how well it talks with the iPod/iPhone? Does it read the playlists directly from the iPhone? and does it display the Song Title on the screen?

I've seen someone has managed to mod one to move the USB port to the rear of the headunit, and add RCA outs for connecting to an amp: so that's a couple of my questions answered.

I guess my final question is, does anyone have one that they have upgraded from that they want to sell?

• 6 months later...

I tried my iPhone on one at the local Toyota dealer after posting this last year, and I couldn't get it to recognise my iPhone via USB... I wondering if it was that it didn't support the newer iOS version? It worked via Bluetooth but no song title display, and you had to control the iPhone playlists via the iPhone.

Anyone had any luck with this one recently?

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...