Glaze gaurd protection or paint protection

Sujitsu

Hello guys,

Just got my new Kluger Grande today. I was wondering what you guys think about getting the graze guard protection??? Do i really need it for my car (colour: Black)??? I got quoted $450 for the glaze gaurd protection which apparently is better than the paint protection. I can get the paint protection for maybe $100 cheaper i guess.....

So really it comes down if its worth getting this galze guard protection??? IF yes! Is $450 a good price or should i shop for after market glaze gaurd protection for my black kluger......The finance guy reckons its almost a must to have atleast the paint protection on a black car....My problem is i hate all car dealers and i dont beleive a word any of them say to me.

What do you guys reckon? Has anyone got the glaze guard protection??? After market or Toyota protection???

Cheers

Hi there, i didnt take up my dealers recommendation. I personally think it is a gimmick, if you wash your car properly and look after it with your own stuff, $450 will go along way in protecting the paint.

One hint, DO NOT LET THEM WASH YOUR CAR at the 1000k service, i had mine done without my knowledge and they left swirl marks all over it. You can imagine me picking up my jaw off the ground after having spend over 50k on a brand new car, to then have it look so crap. They didnt wash properly and the labourers they pay to wash and shammy dry the car whilst clearly there was dirt on it, meant it marked it all over. Toyota's response was - oh it would have happened eventually...yeah, if not this service the next one!

I had them put the DO NOT WASH on my service FOLDER to ensure this didnt happen again.

Another hint, use high pressure hose to remove ALL bird stains, as they often have nuts in their lovely droppings, this can scratch on black quite easily as i found out. Work $100 bucks to get a high pressure clearner for sure.

I havent heard of graze guard protection so cant really comment on that.

With paint protection, you can normally get it done at a carwash or even do it yourself using an aftermarket paint protection sealant from the Mother, Autoglym, teflon or Maguire range.

First think I did with my Graphite Kluger is clay bar, polish and wax, using Mequiars products. 2 years later still looks great - as good as with any paint protection and hundreds cheaper. You can't cut corners though - you have to do it properly if you want any benefit from it.

I had Toyota paint protection on a new Celica and I would never use it again. I found it provided NO protection against scratches swirls or stone chips.

I used the meaguires products on my 2005 rolla and still shines to this day

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Consumer%20(Meguiar's%20Brand)%3EAuto%20Paint%20Care%3ECar%20Waxes%3ELiquid%20Car%20Waxes&sectionID=11501

used nxt generation and also used the clay as well .

with the new car i have both protections they have given me special shampoo as well i will be putting a sign on the car do not wash when i go to the dealers

I used the meaguires products on my 2005 rolla and still shines to this day

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_list.cfm?sectionname=Consumer%20(Meguiar's%20Brand)%3EAuto%20Paint%20Care%3ECar%20Waxes%3ELiquid%20Car%20Waxes&sectionID=11501

used nxt generation and also used the clay as well .

with the new car i have both protections they have given me special shampoo as well i will be putting a sign on the car do not wash when i go to the dealers

Your "special shampoo" is just carwash. I got that with my Celica as well. Not nearly as good as Meguiars, Mothers etc..

In fact I asked the dealer if I should come back for more if the shampoo runs out and he just told me to buy some carwash :rolleyes:

Good idea to make a sign to stop the dealer washing your car - luckily they have never tried it with mine.

Why not?

Best time to do it in my opinion. Get off all the contaminants from shipping/delivery and give a good starting point for shine and protection for the life of the car.

I've done it with two new cars now and very happy with how they turned out. Makes ongoing cleaning easier too.

Ronnyboy mate have you done it on your car??? i mean put the paint protection on by yourself? If yes how did you go?

Yes i have using autoglym products. it turned out really well..

i normally get the carwash to do it once in a while when i feel like waisting cash :D