aftermarket stereo & steering wheel buttons

Hi people, I am a new to this site and I have just purchased a 2007 Aurion Prodigy and I am so happy with it, such an awesome car.

Anyways I just had an aftermarket stereo installed with an 8" screen.

I asked if all went well and if everything works fine he said yes but I will need to program the steering wheel controls.

Now I am left hanging with this as I have never owned a car with these buttons and don't know where to start so I was wondering if there is someone out there that could help me with this?

I have to admit I haven't tested it either to know whether it works by itself, stupidly just took his word for it and thought I would look it up when I get home.

Is this true that it needs to be programmed? if so what are the steps involved?

I look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Ed

It should have come with a manual to tell you how to set them as there are so many different units out there and they could be different to setup

Sorry didn't think of that, it is one I purchased off ebay here in sydney, the box has it as in dash navigation system with a camry sticker on the box but no specific name as to what the unit is called.

The ebay site has it as: 8.0' HD GPS DVD TV IPOD BLUETOOTH TOYOTA CAMRY/AURION

The link is http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-0-HD-GPS-DVD-TV-IPOD-BLUETOOTH-TOYOTA-CAMRY-AURION-/140505747547?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b6cb905b

The manual doesn't have any particular details regarding model number etc so I am at a loss as to say what the particulars are.

Obviously I am going to have to ask the seller if he can help me work out how to program the buttons as the manual does not have this info in it :(

Upon closer inspection I found the page relating to setting up the steering wheel, hopefully I can get it to work properly, sounds pretty straight forward lol

Thank you for reading.

Edited by daboyzmum