Ipod setup on Camry Grande

possumb

I am looking to install an aftermarket ipod setup to the back of my 2007 Camry Grande audio system but the dealership has advised this cannot be done. Does anyone know of a solution?

Hi possumb - I am not 100% certain on this but I know approx 2008/9 onwards the head units were changed across the Camry range to a newer standard which included the iPod and and bluetooth. I've got an 06 Sportivo and I know all mine has is an AUX output in the front, and I don't think in 2007 the Grande head unit was much different unless you had the additional audio pack that was an option installed.

Could you shed a little more light on what you mean by 'aftermarket iPod setup'? There are a lot of cheap devices that just plug into the AUX port and allow your iPod music to come through the stereo, the downside with many is that you still need to use the iPod to control the volume/skipping of songs.

As jeffy said though, if you're after some greater functionality overall then there are a lot of great double DIN units on the market these days that all have iPod/iPhone connectivity, bluetooth etc and there is a fascia kit available for the Camry as well to ensure it looks really neat.

I hope that has helped a little, best of luck with it all :)

Yes, Toyota was a bit cheap with our earlier head units and there's no AUX output at the back.

Later Presara/Grande models apparently had this AUX output at the back but you still had to mod it yourself as per the AUX mod thread in the Aurion section :).