2 General Questions, Comparing

Gday Yall,

Just a quick general knowledge question haha, at 100km im sitting at around the 3300rpm mark i know its a rev happy engine enjoys to be alive but is it bad to excessivley keep the engine being revved, plus i only let lift kick in once a week what about you guys

My view is that the rev limiter is set at 84xx RPM for a reason - if you're not meant to go that high it would be set lower. I hit lift almost daily... But I also change the oil every 5000km.

The 'box is quite short-geared hence that freeway speed in 6th seems about right.

Alf

even from the handbook if u have them it states u normally shift around that rev range and engine only will go bad if is not maintain properly

i shift at around the nice 2400rpm mark maybe 2600, i get full synthetic 5-30w penerite oil every 5km gearbox always full synthetic, only done 85 thousand km got new brake pads, replacing to a heavy duty clutch and lift is literally a weekly occurance i understand as i said it enjoys being reved but sitting at 3300rpm for like a extended period of time must be somewhat harmful?

i understand as i said it enjoys being reved but sitting at 3300rpm for like a extended period of time must be somewhat harmful?

From what I understand, the engine is designed for sustained reving of 4K.

Which is what you will be roughly be sitting on doing 110-120 km/h