Ra40 With 4age bt

Megeeser

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and couldn't find this answer anywhere so im hoping that you guys can help out. I've got a ra40 celica and I was wondering if its possible to put a 4age bt into it with relative ease? Any help would be much appriciated.

Cheers

Comverting a 20v to RWD takes a fair bit of work. Also, remember these cars came out with a 2.0L standard so you'd be probably going backwards as far as torque goes so don't expect a rocket ship for your efforts...

Comverting a 20v to RWD takes a fair bit of work. Also, remember these cars came out with a 2.0L standard so you'd be probably going backwards as far as torque goes so don't expect a rocket ship for your efforts...

Yeah i'm planing on changing the gear ratio as well. just needed confirmation that the engine would fit. Didnt they come out in a rwd version anyway for the sprinter?

Yeah i'm planing on changing the gear ratio as well. just needed confirmation that the engine would fit. Didnt they come out in a rwd version anyway for the sprinter?

only the 16V 4AGE was in RWD. As an interesting note the AA63 celica came from the factory with a 4AGE.

only the 16V 4AGE was in RWD. As an interesting note the AA63 celica came from the factory with a 4AGE.

And even then it was only the 3-rib bigport that was longitudinal/RWD, and that is the least powerful of the lot - 86kw and ~130Nm in a ~1100kg car isn't going to set the world on fire. The easiest install is to swap the 18RC out for an 18RG, that'll instantly give you ~100kw and ~180Nm plus you get the aural enjoyment of twin sidedraught carbies...