Water leaking into car jack pocket

don1

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, just having bought a 2008 model prodigy afer reading your wonderful and informative commments about the Aurion. Today I noticed that water is leaking into the drivers side jack pocket (after driving in the wet) and it appears to be coming from inside the wheel arch, also I am certain water is NOT coming from the boot seals at the bottom of the jack pocket. Since this appears to be a common problem, has anyone had any luck getting it fixed? Any advise is really appreciated as this is begining to worry me quite a bit with possible rust etc if this continues for long. Your replies really appreciated.

This has been covered plenty of times, try a search. My 2007 Camry did the same. I drilled a drain hole in the lowest point and also siliconed around the taillights inside the boot area. I have also heard that the air vents in the quarter panel have been up dated as the older ones leaked. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. Since my car was was still under 3 month statutory warranty, I took it to the toyota dealer who apparently found the fault and fixed the problem. They advised me that wheel arch crimp crease was not properly sealed at the factory (using a rubber sealant). They took in the car for 2 days and have applied the sealent on both sides(left and right had sides). Application of this is visible from the boot of the car when you take out the boot lining. Hopefully this is now fixed. I need some heavy rain to test if this is the case.