WTB st184 stripped chassis

Joab

The rear end of my vehicle just got smashed by a bus so I'm hoping somebody has a car that they have partted out and they just have the chassis left all that got wrecked on my car was the rear panels all my doors interior and motor are ok so all I need is a chassis with the rear end in tacked

Damn it well if I don't have any luck here then that my next move try the wreckers failing that I'll have to part it out

If you are in brisbane try ABC Oxley or Wacol

Sweet as thanks guys I'll try there and yes I'm in brissey

can confirm as of yesterday they have a semi recent white st184 hatchback shell, and a 6th gen st205 (with a grease painted smiley on the boot)

both dont have motors and theres pieces missing but seeing you have a whole car it should be too much of a hassle.

Sweet as does the st184 parts fit in a st185 or st205 because I was thinking of maybe getting a AWD chassis and use my 5sfe to make a 2.2 l turbo

Baby steps buddy, baby steps. The task you want to undertake there is a massive one, both on your wallet and in time.

I'm gunna leave the parts swapping stuff to someone else, but from my experiences only some ST184 and ST185 parts exchange and I dont think you will have any luck with the ST205.

dont even bother with an ST20x chassis or a ST185 chassis.

If you want a ST185, go and buy one, they can be had for under $5000 now and it would end up costing you more than that (not to mention the time) to build one.

You can turbo a 5S, but you need to know what you are doing...

Lol guys I'm a mechanic I know exactly what I'm doing I know you can swap the 3sgte block with a 5sfe block and essentialy make a 2.2l 3sgte it moght not be as straight forward as that but i can do the all the wotk myself I just wanted to know if like the exterior panels are the same and if any if the interior was the same on the st184 and st185 and I like have no money so all I can afford is a chassis with nothing in it that I can transfer my stuff into

Lol guys I'm a mechanic I know exactly what I'm doing I know you can swap the 3sgte block with a 5sfe block and essentialy make a 2.2l 3sgte it moght not be as straight forward as that but i can do the all the wotk myself I just wanted to know if like the exterior panels are the same and if any if the interior was the same on the st184 and st185 and I like have no money so all I can afford is a chassis with nothing in it that I can transfer my stuff into

Yes, the interiors and panels are MOSTLY the same between a 185 and a 184.

However the following things WONT fit (that I know of)

LHS Front Seat

RHS Front Seat

Interior Carpet

The ST185 has a different floorpan to the 184, and if you were trying to find a stripped one you would need to make sure it still had its drive train.

Also, making a 5SGTE is not as easy as just slapping together a 5SFE and a 3SGTE. both trentmeyer23 and myself have done extensive research, and built 5SGTEs.

Yes, the interiors and panels are MOSTLY the same between a 185 and a 184.

However the following things WONT fit (that I know of)

LHS Front Seat

RHS Front Seat

Interior Carpet

The ST185 has a different floorpan to the 184, and if you were trying to find a stripped one you would need to make sure it still had its drive train.

Also, making a 5SGTE is not as easy as just slapping together a 5SFE and a 3SGTE. both trentmeyer23 and myself have done extensive research, and built 5SGTEs.

Agreed, granted mechanical experience will help, but you will need to do a hell of a lot of research along the way. It is MUCH more complicated if you do things the right way.

So practically anything that will go on the floor will be different because of the drive shaft tunnel so the center console is probably different to

So practically anything that will go on the floor will be different because of the drive shaft tunnel so the center console is probably different to

rear sears are the same, the center console is the same, the door sils are the same, the seatbelt clips are the same, all the rear plastics are the same

The only difference is front seats and carpets.

Well that's not too bad to get front seats and carpet what about the exterior are all the body panels the same

exterior panels are the same... but if yours is a coupe (not a hatch) the panels are only the same from the doors forward.

the ST185 also has a different hood and front bar... if you just want to swap your engine/interior over, i highly recommend just getting a ST184.

Mines a liftback

b2ce37ea.jpg

4d00ac99.jpg

6a70311c.jpg

That's pretty much everything that got broken

I don't mind getting a st184 chassis cuz I loved my st184 before it got smashed it's almost still drivable except the rear LH wheel is hard up against the inside of the wheel arch causing smoke to go everywhere if you try driving it

But I would like the st185 for the AWD but I suppose I could go with out it