oil leak in 5sfe motor

traceyann

what could be causing this leak? (Leak is located on the drivers side, about nine inches from the tire, near center of motor, but not dead center.) All help is appreciated

camshaft seal most likely

5sfe engines have numerous seals that could leak, cam,crank seals, There are 2 seals on the oil pump (driven by the timing belt) Both my st204 and my old st184 leaked heaps from here, not hard to replace if you have a bit of mechanical knowledge.

post-23452-0-55759600-1318226479_thumb.j

Valve Cover seal is also a common one, pics will help though.

would love to give pics but have no idea were the oil is coming from none on the upper part only down in that corner

5sfe engines have numerous seals that could leak, cam,crank seals, There are 2 seals on the oil pump (driven by the timing belt) Both my st204 and my old st184 leaked heaps from here, not hard to replace if you have a bit of mechanical knowledge.

well looks like its going into the mechanic

Knock sensor is not near the drivers side(top centre-ish at the rear of the block as it sits in the car), if it is coming fom that region it will most likely be valve cover seal/gasket. Could even potentially be distributor o-ring, depending on how far around it is leaking.

P2273113.jpg

Edited by trentmeyer23

Knock sensor is not near the drivers side(top centre-ish at the rear of the block as it sits in the car), if it is coming fom that region it will most likely be valve cover seal/gasket. Could even potentially be distributor o-ring, depending on how far around it is leaking.

P2273113.jpg

looks like i will have to take it to the machanic o well she will be all fixed then thanks for your help