cant fix the noise

Shadow_

im using the stock head unit then hook up the rca converter and then hook up to a preamp my power cable and remote cable is running at left side and my rca speaker and subwoofer cable running at right side. main power cable hook up with sony amp to running the speakers..then i using other power cable running from the sony amp to my subwoofer amp. i ground the sony amp at the left under the seat and subwoofer amp at right under the seat into a big bolt. the outcome is i get engine sound come out of speakers when i rev.. !! and one more sound come out like you know turning you tv on got no channel? it make those kinds of sound.. how can i fix this problem. any help would be great.

im using the stock head unit then hook up the rca converter and then hook up to a preamp my power cable and remote cable is running at left side and my rca speaker and subwoofer cable running at right side. main power cable hook up with sony amp to running the speakers..then i using other power cable running from the sony amp to my subwoofer amp. i ground the sony amp at the left under the seat and subwoofer amp at right under the seat into a big bolt. the outcome is i get engine sound come out of speakers when i rev.. !! and one more sound come out like you know turning you tv on got no channel? it make those kinds of sound.. how can i fix this problem. any help would be great.

This guide might help:

http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/learningcenter/car/noise_suppressors_installation_guide.html

Your grounds most likely aren't good enough, make sure that its metal on metal - you will need to grind away the paint or it wont ground properly. Ideally you drill a hole through the body and put a brand new big ***** nut and bolt through to ground.

It could also be inadequate shielding on your cables or those crappy sony amps.

You need a much better contact than that. You have to sand the contact area so no paint is on it.

not the sit belt bolt see the white spot i can see its silver..i got no idea what other spots i can use

1. The rushing noise (hiss) is probably produced by the stock head unit and amplified by the amp. There's nothing that you can do about it besides changing the HU

You can try to confirm this by unplugging the high level inputs on your amp, plugging in an mp3 to the amp via RCA to 3.5mm

CC399AC_LR.jpg

If the noise dissapears, this confirms that it's the head unit causing it.

2. Alternator whine

Many possible causes. Since your power and REM cables are separated from the speaker wire, it shouldn't be the cause of the issue.

Look for exposed wire. If you have bare wire touching the vehicle body, it's certain to introduce the whine. If possible, check whether the whine is coming from any particular speaker.

If it's coming from a specific one, you'll want to check the wiring for that speaker. Even a strand of copper touching the vehicle body WILL introduce significant noise.

It's quite unlikely that a poor ground is the cause.

I'm running 2 760w amps and I'm not getting any issues despite simply bolting the ground cables to existing holes in the vehicle body without sanding.

Source of knowledge:

many, many, many hours of climbing over my car like a monkey

Edited by lasertip