buying 09 v6 rav,what to look out for??

TIB03

G'Day guys

A newbie here,and we are looking at buying a V6 rav to tow a trailer around with it will be the misses daily driver as well and just wondering if there is anything to look out for when looking to buy.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply

We're looking at an 09 with 1/2 as many km/s and not to much more money but will keep this one in mind too.Spoke to a guy today and he said the V6 transmions have a issue with a noise but he wasn't sure what models it was,and said it needed the transmion replaced to get rid of the noise and it was about a $5000 repair which has kinda made me warey now.Anyone know anything about this noise/whine.

What about the 2.4l cruiser for towing a trailer say upto about 650kg loaded.

It's just transmission whine. My Rav4 has it on and off but it should be replaced for free if the car still has the original 3 year warranty so it shouldn't cost anything. If the dealer is saying it cost money - Bull****.

Hi TIB03,

I just travelled 1300 Kms to Sydney and picked up a ZR6. Everyone I spoke to loves theirs. Although I did speak to one guy who said the fuel economy goes through the roof when towing a camper trailer. So I guess it depends on your towing. I averaged 8.5 litres per 100 km on the way home at 100-115 km/h, was impressed with that. I checked out a CV6 in Adelaide and they will look around the 27K mark, but for 28K we picked up the ZR6, why not.

Good Luck, happy hunting.