side mirror clear cover

TRD69

Man oh man, my side mirror has been hit and the clear plastic cover is cracked and seems to be the only damage except minor scratch. Does anyone know if that can be replaced or will I have to get a whole new unit?

Thanks in advance

good news is it can be replaced. i bought mine second hand and it was replaced by the dealer once i had taken possession. however i do not know how much it is...

good news is it can be replaced. i bought mine second hand and it was replaced by the dealer once i had taken possession. however i do not know how much it is...

If it's the indicator lens, I was quoted $37 for a brand new part by City Toyota, Northbridge in Perth, WA.

Instructions on how to take the cover off to replace the lens are posted here.

BB

Yeah sucks hard, I just got it last week :( nevertheless things happen. Yeah the lense cover is shattered, well a part of it anyway. Hope I can find one tomorrow. Thanks heaps for the quick replies!

good news, got it done today.

Lander toyota at prospect charged me $42 for the lens and blacktown toyota installed it for free.

what a relief :yahoo: