Parts Compatibility - 1995 Camry V6 and 1993 Camry SDV10 2.2L

GlobeSon

Hi Folks,

Few months back my Camry V6 1995 CSi got into an accident and damaged one rear wheel/suspension. It has a good engine, auto gearbox, new tyres,battery, good A/C, windscreen and all window glasses, head/tail lights, power steering, power mirror, alternator, front shock absorbers new, CVs new, bonnet, boot, quarter panels..all good.

The repair was expensive, so I bought a well running Camry SDV10 1993 2.2L hoping that I may be able to use some parts from the crashed camry in my new car (if required).

Though the two cars look similar, I am not sure about the parts compatibility (e.g.V6 has 15" rims, and 2.2L has 14"; doors look same size but V6 doors are heavier). Can anybody tell which parts are easily portable from the V6 to 2.2L.

I want to pull out the parts from V6 that can be used in the 2.2L, and send the car to a wrecker. I will keep the parts as spare, in case something goes wrong with the 2.2L car.

Please advice.

Correct me if I am wrong…

Both have the same body. In terms of the suspensions, rear ones are slightly different but will fit on your V6.

The control arms are the same. The hub assembly will be different.

Hope this helps.

Well I'm using V6 brakes on mine which is an I4 and the hubs are identical. Not 100% sure if different between ABS and Non-ABS. Most parts will be interchangeable. Just compare whatever you need before you remove the parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Correct me if I am wrong…

Both have the same body. In terms of the suspensions, rear ones are slightly different but will fit on your V6.

The control arms are the same. The hub assembly will be different.

Hope this helps.

Thanks mate. The V6 is about 150kg heavier than 4cyl, so am assuming the suspensions would be different...especially front ones.

The radiator/fans look totally different.

My damaged V6 has near new tyres. But since they are 205-95 R15 as against the 185-75R14 used by 4cyl...not sure if that will be compatible.

What about battery, exhaust, alternator, a/c condenser, compressor?