Fitting new stereo / remote central locking to 2001 Ascent

Hi there, I have a Corolla Ascent ZZE 2001, I think the first version of the new model.

I'd like to get remote locking fitted (it has central locking, but with the key) and a new stereo, with USB/iPhone stuff. The current stereo has both a tape player and cd, so I have a tape adapter attached to my ipod, but the speaker balance is different for the tape and the cd, so I'd like to fix that. The car's only done 80k, so I think I could just get this stuff then, and then happily have it for another ten years.

I don't think I can do any of this myself as I know nothing about cars, so does anyone know a good dealer in inner Melbourne that can do this kind of stuff? I went to Autobarn but they didn't really seem to know too much.

Thanks!

Edited by darthminogue

Ok

1. Ur zze should have remote central locking on the keys, unless all you have is te grey key that has no buttons! Must of lost the main key?

2. Get a mp3/cd player that has iPod connectivity -_- !

No, it just has normal keys. They've got the Toyota symbol and everything, but there's no remote central locking. And I want to get a stereo with MP3, am just trying to find out where to get this done in Melbourne.

• 1 year later...

No, it just has normal keys. They've got the Toyota symbol and everything, but there's no remote central locking.

Weird u should have keys with buttons for central lock.. Standard

Sorry to dig up this old thread.

Like darth, I dont have buttons on my keys either. Is there some way of checking to see whether a car has the keyless receiver in it? I'd love to get new keys for remote access if that's all it takes.

Cheers, Matty

Your 2002 would have it part of the key, part number 8907044081. Cost from Toyota is around $200 plus cutting and coding. Really for that price and because the Toyota keys have a habit of breaking, get an after market kit wired into your existing central locking.